Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Glimpse.

Today I am grateful for the little realizations we have every day.
The glimpses we catch of eternity and the bigger picture.

I woke up this morning at 6 am and couldn't fall back to sleep. 
I wandered around my house and cleaned a few things all the while my mind just raced.
I thought about everything and nothing at the same time. (Don't ask me how that makes sense, but it does to me.)
Then my Grandma Ah Quin called to tell me she was going to stop by to drop off some names for us to take to the temple. When she got here my heart was touched by her passion in family history work, temple work, and her missionary work.
(If you didn't know, my grandma has been called to serve in the St. George Family History Center.)
Her philosophy is that there is no better way to feel close to my grandpa than furthering the work on Earth that he is preparing in Heaven.
My grandma is truly an inspiration to me of working each day to be a better person and give a little more.
Before she left, I couldn't help but take a couple pictures of her!
 Isn't she beautiful?
She wears her badge proud, along with my grandpa's ring around her neck.
I liked both the color and black and white so I had to share both! :)

As the morning progressed I stumbled upon this beautiful and extremely humbling blog about a woman whose husband was murdered due to an affair. She is left to raise 5 children by herself with so many unanswered questions. Her faith and strength in the Lord is INSPIRING and caused me to catch another glimpse. I wanted to share because I think her story and her testimony is so powerful and it has helped me! So here it is...http://www.themomentswestand.blogspot.com/

Anyway, life is beautiful and I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day! :)
Challenge for the day: pray for a way you can serve someone today, watch for the opportunity, then serve! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment