Sunday, March 9, 2014

Encinitas Day 1 :)

Well everyone we made it here safe!!!
And let me tell you...we have stumbled upon a hidden TREASURE!!!
I have never heard anyone talk about Encinitas before but this place is so cool.
There are TONS of surfers, amazing beach houses, tons of different style restraurants, live music, farmers markets, and BEAUTIFUL beaches that aren't over crowded!
We were a little nervous driving here yesterday cause we didn't know anything about Encinitas, I just saw that they had cheap hotels and booked it without knowing anything about it, and we lucked out cause this place is seriously THE COOLEST! 
Okay, enough of me talking, here are some pictures from yesterday...
 On the way down we HAD to stop at Chipotle for the ginormous burrito. MMMMMM.
Then we got to our hotel, checked in and took a 30 minute nap cause Jeff was exhausted. After his little power nap we put our suits on, loaded up our backpack, and went exploring where we ended up on the beach.


 We just sat on the beach, talked and people watched. There were over 20 surfers in the water where we were at so we had fun watching them tear it up.
 There's something so calming about listening and watching the waves come in.
 Cliche footprints photo.
I am pretty sure I was meant to live by a beach. When I say pretty sure I mean like 99.9% sure.
 My handsome adventure partner!
 I love him.
 Trying to take a picture of ourselves with a 50 mm lens on will turn out like this. But I love it anyway! :)

 I'm a fool for sunsets.
 When I was in Hawaii for that summer, FOREVER AGO, I always loved watching the sunsets from the ocean on a surfboard so I was envious of those surfers out there.
 Love.
 One more cause I can. It always amazes me watching the sunset over the ocean cause it appears to just drop off. AMAZING.


 We walked around the shops and ended up in this souvenir shop where I met my new friend, Betty. She wrote down all the places she loved and thought we should visit. After chatting for over a half hour we were off to try the first restraurant she recommended. (She is actually a banker further inland but comes out and dog watches for a friend right on the beach, overlooking the ocean, and they pay her. Yeah, I want that job.)
The Roxy restaurant. DELICIOUS.
 
We order the pesto shrimp pizza and it was "foodgasmic" folks. Seriously SOOOOO good.

After all that fun we headed to the grocery store to buy me a beach chair then headed back to the hotel.
We are having a blast so far and hope everyone is having a great spring break as well!
HAPPY SABBATH! :)

1 comment: