Monday, July 22, 2013

My Cambear...


After dinner at Anasazi this is what my adorable husband had planned for the night...
Be prepared to have your heart melted in amazement at how perfect he is...

My Cambear,

Just over 4 years ago today, I saw you for the very first time.  Nothing in heaven or on earth could ever be as beautiful as you were to me from the very beginning, and everyday since then you have become more than beautiful, I don’t think any word could describe what I see or feel when I look at you.  Together, we have shared the best moments of my life.  I have a timeline in my heart of moments that forever changed who I am and who I will become.  Today you will be making stops along my timeline and I will share with you what made those memories so special.  I love you!

(Given to me outside the restaurant.)

Seeing your  face and smile for the first time:
  It was hard to look at you.  I had never seen anything like you.  Your light seemed to make the whole world around you glow.  I didn’t just see beauty when I looked at you, I saw joy, love, and the goodness of God.  I knew that night that you were the only thing I would ever want again. I was hooked. I still have a perfect picture of that day in my heart, one of the best days of my life. And I want today to be another one of those days.


(This secret look out is where it all started.)
Let Your husband take 10 pictures of you… Your gorgeous.

Sharing our first kiss together:
I knew long before our first kiss that I loved you.  Anytime we were together it seemed like my heart transformed, the way I felt about you, myself, and pretty much the whole world around me grew and changed.  I started seeing things the way God intended them.  Kissing you was not about getting action, or adding to my list of kisses.  For the first time, a kiss meant more to me.  I wanted you to feel every part of my love for you.  To understand my heart, and to see me differently than before.  Our first kiss DID NOT DISAPPOINT.  It changed my world.

(At our first kiss at another secret look out up on Foremaster.)
Make Out with your husband for 5 minutes!

Staying with me after I came home from the MTC:
This one is a hard one for me to look back on, mostly because all the pain I put you through in this time.  I remember my heart breaking in the MTC, than absolutely shattering when I had to write home to you and tell you I was coming home.  How could you forgive me for my mistakes?  How could you love me or ever have faith in me again?  Your letter back to me proved that God made you special.  It changed my heart even more.  Your love and faith that I could become better and rise out of the shadow of my sins changed the direction my life was headed.  You forgave me, and looked past the person I was, and had faith in who I could become.  You defended me when others didn’t see it, even your own family.  You are in every way, the purest definition of Christ-like love and forgiveness.  You are my angel.

(At the temple...we got to watch someone proposing while we were there.)
Hold your husbands hand and listen to his top 10 things he loves about you


 We shared so many beautiful memories together through dating. Our trips to Vegas, (breaking down on the way to Vegas), long nights just talking, Scooter rides, concerts, countless movies and conversations, memories I have of you that I will cherish for all eternity.  Then something big happened.
 (Reading on our way to the next destination.)


My conversion:
Faith was never something that came easy to me.  I had so much self-doubt and regret from bad choices I made.  I did not feel worthy of the spirit, of God’s love, or your love, or of real happiness.  I did not believe I was worth saving.  Day by day you built me up.  Brick by brick, you opened my heart and my eyes to heaven and to the true joy the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings.  Through your forgiveness, your support, faith, and love.  My spirit was repaired, and I began feeling true joy again in my life.  It all fell in place after Elder Bednar’s fireside when you pulled out your scriptures and allowed the spirit to direct me to those versus that I so badly needed to hear.  Do you even realize how amazing you are?  You are capable of anything, of miracles, of changing lives and the world around you.  My love and adoration for you is impossible to describe.  This was a huge step, not only because I felt the spirit and the Lord’s presence again, but because of what it brought….

Listen to your husband’s testimony
(The institute building parking lot. His testimony was beautiful.)
 
My Proposal:
Very few days in life could ever be as memorable or special as that day.  The day we truly solidified our relationship and progressed to my greatest moment.  It was a perfect day. The Splash-Mob, and all your family and friends around was so special, but my favorite part was kissing you in the middle of the fountain like we were the only people on earth.  Or maybe we weren’t even on earth anymore?  It felt an awful lot like heaven.  Knowing that you were really going to be mine for the rest of time was joy like I had never known.

Take a walk around the park, play in the fountain if you dare...  
(Town Square! Unfortunately the fountain was off or else I would have played in it for sure!)

Our Wedding Day:
What a day…This is easily the best day of my life, and my favorite stop along my timeline. Looking back on it, I can remember every feeling and emotion I had that day.   When I looked at you from across the altar you were more beautiful than ever.  It was a perfect moment, staring into your face, holding your hand on the altar, with all of our friends and family around us.  Being sealed together for all eternity… YOUR STUCK WITH ME!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Creepy, I know.   The rest of the day pretty much rocked!  The pictures turned out amazing!  And our reception was the BOMB!  You did such a beautiful job decorating!   Remember how pretty that place looked?  It all turned out perfect!  Your hula was freakin gorgeous, still can’t believe you made it up on the spot! I’m pretty sure people will be talking about our reception FOREVER!  This day seemed to go by soooo fast, but it was one of those days where every minute was a highlight.  When we shared our first dance together, even though it was not to the song we picked out, (GRRRRR Grandma/Grandpa jk), I saw eternity with you.  I knew no matter what, everything would be okay as long as I had you as my wife. 

Share a slow dance outside the temple.
(To our song, "Two is better than one.") 



The Honeymoon:
We went to freakin Hawaii and stayed at freakin Turtlebay for our honeymoon!!!! How many people get to do that??  Those 5 days together in paradise were like a dream!  A beautiful room overlooking the bay, delicious meals all over the island, and lots and lots of fun ;)!! One of my favorite moments was singing our wedding song to you and dancing by the sea.  Again, it was like we had somehow teleported to some perfect universe where we were the only two people, and our love was the only thing that existed or mattered.  I can’t even describe to you the happiness I felt with you on our honeymoon, and everyday since.  I could not imagine anything better than our marriage, than the love we share together.  Every day I get to wake up next to you, and tell you with my stinky breath, that I love you more than anything.  I can’t wait to add on to our timeline!  There are so many amazing things we will share together, places we will see, people we will change, moments that will take our breath away and make us fall in love all over again.  I hope today, you know how much I love you. That no matter what happens you will remember what I carry in my heart.  I love every minute I have had with you, and I cannot wait to see the moments we will share in the future. I only see you, that will never change.


Isn't he perfect???
It was such a special night to be able to go back and remember and feel all those emotions again.
I will remember this birthday forever and I am so grateful for such a loving husband.
I love you Jeff! You never cease to amaze me!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. oh man what a sweet boy jeff is! that is so romantic. you guys are the sweetest couple. i even got teary eyed through reading that :) love you both!! happy birthday cambria! you deserved an amazing day and a husband to spoil you;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bree! :) He is amazing! Thanks for being such a great friend and cousin! :) Love you and Joe!

      Delete