Saturday, June 22, 2013

Happy Golden Anniversary!!!

Happy golden (22nd) anniversary to my wonderful parents!!
(Golden is when the number your celebrating is the same as the date.)
 These two met in California when they were 13! When my dad first saw my mom he leaned to his friend and asked, "Who is that??"...Then he followed with something crazy like, "I'm going to marry her one day." He was a dreamer! :)
 They were in the same ward and secretly had a crush on each other but my dad thought teasing her was flirting and she just thought he was being mean.
 Their senior year came around and they went to the Homecoming dance together and became exclusive from there on out!
 They survived their senior year, only after my dad beat up some guy for calling his girlfriend 'ugly' (which she clearly is not!!!)
 He debated whether to serve a mission or stay home and marry Tonya, but Tonya and the Lord asked him to serve a mission so he turned in his papers. He was called to Sydney, Australia.
 He left and she was sad but she decided to date everyone and their brother and dear John Bryan a time or two or three.
 Well he came home and still only had eyes for my mom! He arm wrestled for her hand, asked her to be his in a park, and after a little struggle and a miraculous pillar of fire from the heavens they were officially engaged.
They were married in the Los Angeles Temple on June 22, 1991 where they were sealed for time and all eternity to later go on and have angel children that will be theirs forever!

I love you Mom and Dad and I am so grateful for your love story that started it all!
Thank you for our example of love and dedication!
You guys are amazing!!!
Happy golden anniversary and I'm excited for many many more!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment