Friday, June 5, 2015

St George - Las Vegas - Bellingham :)

*Warning!!! PICTURE OVERLOAD the next few days! I love pictures so I always put a lot on, plus I want to remember these moments forever!!! Hope you don't mind!

Wednesday we started our vacation with our Hauck family!
We left St George around 1, caught our flight in Vegas, and were in Bellingham by 6:00pm!
 View overlooking Bellingham, Washington!
The drive from the airport we were greeted with a beautiful "enchanted forest" as mom Hauck says.
And "Lily pad lake" also known as, Lake Louise.
 After arriving, we first dropped our stuff at our rental! Jeff and I were so lucky as to have our own little room!
 This rental is adorable, this is just one of the things I like about it! Loungers with a view of the lake and fresh flowers, mmmmhhhhmmmm.
 Living room!
A real life, old fashion, record player and records! Amy has had the jams running since we arrived!
 After checking out our place we headed to dinner through this tunnel.
 We all shared a Pesto Pizza and BBQ Chicken pizza and great company, of course.
 After a nice dinner we went on a family walk around Lake Louise, and I was not prepared for how beautiful it was and how many pictures I wanted to take haha. They had wild raspberries growing along the whole walk. I did not know that raspberries were protected by pricklies, we learned pretty quick.
 Jeff picked all mine for me haha.
 I am seriously in a botanical heaven, and I can't keep my hands off of all the flowers and plants. I know it's not the best thing to do, but I HAD to make a flower crown.
 I love all the wild trees everywhere and all the moss growing on them.
 Along the walk Amy saved a few slugs and Jeff admired nature.
 This view was so enchanting! To me it looked like a scene straight from a Nicholas Sparks novel.
 I gave Amy my flower crown to match her flower braid.
 I love this handsome man so much and I still can't believe he's all mine for eternity! 
 A little bit of everything, lily pads, cotton candy skies, tree silhouettes, and fresh green air.
Family! Jeff and I always tend to be the laggers because I can't stop looking at things and picking little flowers to make barbie bouquets haha.
 It's the simple things in life that can bring the most joy if we let them, like a ripple in water.
 Or a unique lantern flower with spotted leaves. There is always beauty around us if we take a second to find it, it can change our whole day.
 I'm a sucker for reflections, especially when the sky is the reflection and it is in sunset mode.
I learned that water lilies only bloom during the day then close up at night, I also learned that frogs are not always attached to lily pads like Disney movies show.
Emme is getting the royal treatment here hahaha especially when she says "sticky, sticky, sticky" then takes her shoes off and sure enough there is sticky hahahaha.

We are having a blast so far and I am in a botanical and picture taking heaven. There are spontaneous and vibrant flowers everywhere and lots of shades of green in each different tree or shrub. I hope my pictures are capturing just how beautiful it really is. 
Take a second today to find one simple beauty in the world and let it change your whole day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment