Monday, June 15, 2015

Happy Girls Camper & More...

This last week started in Washington. 
Monday was our last day and we caught a flight home that same night.
 This was our awesome rental house for our vacation. 
It was just as cute inside as it was outside.
 This water lily was picked and laying on the ground, so Brad saved it and we enjoyed it when it woke up!
 Monday after checking out of our rental, we headed to the mall for some shopping! 
I love succulents and this wall art was made of succulents.
 After the mall we went to Rocket Donuts and enjoyed 50% off donuts.
 Then it was homeward bound for us all. I love looking out the windows, and this was our parting view.
 More of the sky.
 And sunset in the sky.
Tuesday I got this lovely letter from my awesome little brother! It totally made my day and warmed my heart! I love him so much and I am so grateful for his faithfulness!
Then Wednesday morning I was off to girls camp to fulfill my calling as the girls camp director assistant. It was a great experience to go as a leader and to have the realization of all the hard work that was put into my many years of girls camp. 
Girls camp was on Cedar Mountain and I enjoyed all the birch trees.
 Did I mention that they smell amazing??? 
My favorite part of girls camp was solo time. During that time everyone goes off into nature for an hour and a half to read scriptures, write in journals, pray, and just contemplate on life and the future. This time for me was very special and I had inspiration that I desperately needed.
I started my solo time off with a BEAUTIFUL letter from Jeff that just started the water works, then the whole hour and a half that followed the tears kept falling. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband that truly sees the best in me and makes me always want to be better.
This was my view from my solo time spot.
 This was me the morning of day 4! No make up, no shower, and lots of memories made.
I was ready to get home!!!
My aunt was able to come up the last night and I was so grateful to see her! It had been like two weeks and my spirits were ready to get home, so her smiling face gave me the boost of energy I needed to finish out girls camp. I also had a realization of how grateful I am for her and our friendship, she is always there for me, she is always making everything more fun, and together we make a great team! Seeing all the girls reactions to her arrival brought back memories of when I was their age and everytime "Aunty Tia" came around I would be so excited and know that it was party time!
We got home Saturday afternoon and I was greeted with a clean house, freshly manicured yard, and a loving husband who was anxious to see me. I am so grateful for him!
 After a quick shower we headed to Legend's 5th birthday party! It's crazy to think that he is 5!!! Holy smokes, time flies! It was a swim party at my Uncle Clay's house and Jeff and I had too much fun with Alma Ty. I swam with him and then Jeff snuggled and fed him.
I think it's ridiculously clear how baby hungry we are.
After the party we headed to babysit Emme and Hudson, and I regret to say that I forgot to snap a picture of the fun we had there!
 Then Sunday was Amy's mission farewell, and she blew it out of the water! Her talk was amazing, the spirit was strong, and she is going to be one incredible missionary.
I am so proud of her and the wonderful woman she is! She is truly going to bless the Mexican people of Hermosillo.
Again, I slacked in the picture department, and totally spaced taking pictures all day! I am so bummed and I feel bad that I forgot to take pictures, but it was a beautiful day!
Then we checked off one of the activities on Amy's pre-mission bucket list and made a family movie based around these pinatas! :)
Here is a little film of Amy's Mission Picture session!

It was a wonderful week full of the love of God and the hope that the gospel brings! 
I am grateful for the opportunities we have to feel the love of God and to take that love and make changes in our lives. I know that through our Savior, we can all find joy and truly endure this mortal life.
Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment