Monday, June 8, 2015

Deception Pass & LaConner.

Day 4 :)
 We headed over to Deception Pass in the morning! The story behind Deception Pass is pretty cool, so I took a picture of it...if you can read it.
While there we saw an eagle, I tried to get a picture of it but this was as close in as my camera would go. That eagle chilled there for a good ten minutes.
It was such a beautiful view, it was a little crazy because the bridge has narrow side walks on each side and on one side there was a marathon going on, so we were a little nervous with little kids. Can you spot the eagle in this picture?
The view was breathtaking...
...on both sides.
The bridge is about 177 feet away from the water. I would get a little dizzy looking down for too long.
Then we headed down to the beach and skipped rocks for a while.
After Deception Pass, we made our way to La Conner, a cute little town full of adorable buildings. I made a couple of friends at Deception Pass, they were from Toronto and told me all about their visits to Washington and how their niece owned La Conner Brewing Co. We didn't eat there but it looked adorable, I thought I'd take a picture to remember my friends by.
I haven't posted far enough pictures of flowers, but they are so vibrant here and there are full floral hanging baskets all over the streets.
Street view of La Conner.
After walking the cute street we ate at Calico Cupboard.
Waiting for our table.
La Conner.
After our adventuring in La Conner we went to Lake Whatcom again to kayak a little longer. It was a lot of fun, and although Jeff won't admit it, I smoked him around the island!
For dinner we went to Fiamma Burger, it was adorable and the burgers were good too. I'm all about a good burger.
Inside Fiamma Burger, they had a fun style!
Then we went to a little park to scout out family picture spots. I won't tell you whether or not Steph mooned me hahaha but maybe Amanda's face can tell you hahahhaha.
Then we got back in time to see another sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment