Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Associates Degree. CHECK!

So today at approximately 10:20 I finished my Associate's degree.
This may not sound like a huge accomplishment to a lot of people, but this Associates degree is so much more than a piece of paper that says I completed at least 60 credits.
My journey to getting this degree wasn't easy and I am so proud of it.
Here's what it means to me:
I started working towards it right out of High School and didn't know how much work it would require.
I took a year off after too many financial aid mix ups kicked me out twice.
Then started back up enthusiastically and worked until today when I completed it.
Looking back I went through so much more than just school work to get this degree.
This degree symbolizes a stage of life to me.
The stage of finding myself.
While working on this degree I dated many guys all while dating Jeff! (Yeah I had issues.)
I questioned myself more than I should but eventually learned to trust myself and trust the Lord in everything.
I was a newby into the young single adult YSA ward, held callings in the Institute and Humanitarian counsels.
I bought my first car.
I went to Hawaii and had many adventures there.
I fought with my parents over Jeff, college, my direction, and goals and can now look back and laugh at how silly it was.
I watched my little sister run off to play soccer in Kansas, and cried every night.
I cried A LOT over EVERYTHING...my family, Jeff, college, Kalamity, work, etc.
I found that I really love photography, dancing, serving, and decorating.
I had a surprise "splash mob" proposal planned just for me by Jeff and all my loved ones!
I called a man my fiancé for 3 LONG months.
I went through the temple for the first time!
I graduated from the YSA ward and married MY ONE AND ONLY in the House of the Lord on the most memorable date ever!
I moved out and went through Mom withdrawals.
I lost my Grandpa Ah Quin and had to put my testimony to the test.
I went through episodes of depression and pure joy and everything in between.
I watched WAY too many different shows on Netflix.
I learned how to make a house a home and found that I love flowers and decorating (not one single wall will be left blank).
I learned that love really does grow every day.
AND SO MUCH MORE.

I know it's only an Associates degree (and I will continue working towards my Bachelors) but this degree is an end of a stage for me.
It truly was a stage of finding me and learning to love myself for who I am.
I am a daughter of God, also a daughter to the greatest parents who truly want the best for me always (same goes for my in-laws), a sister to the most amazing siblings (both through birth and marriage), a wife to the BEST HUSBAND EVER, friend to anyone and everyone, a disciple of Christ.
I am grateful for the last 4 years of working hard for this little piece of paper that means so much more.
I wasn't sure if I was going to walk because "it's only an Associates degree" but I think I will because it is a big deal!
IT'S A BIG DEAL!
I should be proud, right???

Okay I'm done.
HAPPY DAY!
Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You are walking. I will be there sitting with all the stuffy old professors.
    I am honored to call you my daughter, wife to my pride and joy...Jeff. You bring out the best in him and all of us too.
    I love you Cam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made my day! :) THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! FOR EVERYTHING! For raising such an amazing son, for treating me like your own, for believing in me, and for your incredible example! I love you and am so grateful for you!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow with all those super awesome professors haha!

      Delete