Sunday, April 6, 2014

Greatest Day!!!

Today was the greatest day for many reason...
Reason 1: Today was the Savior, Jesus Christ's real birthday! This day in history changed the world and changed my destiny forever. Thanks to my Savior I can return to live with my Father in heaven and my eternal family through my faithfulness. I am so grateful for my Savior and for his life here on Earth and his eternal legacy that forever impacts my life. I'm so grateful for the atonement that my Savior endured. Without Him I would not be who I am today. The values I hold, the person I try to be, the things I do are all attributed to my Savior's example and my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That brings me into my next reason.

Reason 2: Today was the day the church was organized! Without The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I would be LOST. Literally lost!!! There's nothing like knowing who you are, where you came from and where you are going. All those little truths have made the biggest impact on me. I AM BEYOND GRATEFUL for April 6th for these two reason so far.

Reason 3: Today was General Conference and it was amazing. I have learned so much in the last two days from the words of the prophets and seers. One thing that really stood out to me was that we have burdens to provide spiritual traction and to help us to take the Savior's yoke upon us and lighten the burden through Him. I love this time and the spirit that I always feel. I literally have goosebumps the whole weekend, my mind is in tune and everything is so clear, and my spirit feels like it connects to others easier. (If any of that makes sense.)
Reason 4: I got to spend time with all of my family!!! The morning we spend time with my family and had a delicious breakfast! There were lots of laughs and talking, I love my family so much. Family is truly the greatest blessings in this life! Then in the afternoon we had dinner with Jeff's family and spent time visiting! I am so blessed with amazing family from every direction. I don't know what I did to deserve them but I am sure grateful!
Reason 5: I ate LOTS of sweets and enjoyed every second of it. Dutchman cookies, caramel apple, reeses, and Tilamook Utterly Chocolate ice cream. And now I'm home watching Frozen with my INCREDIBLE husband (and maybe even getting a foot massage soon!)

To say the least April 6th is a heavenly day where nothing but gratitude fills my heart. 
This day has changed history so many times and every year I will reflect and be nothing but happy.
I hope everyone has had as great a day as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment