Monday, August 10, 2015

Uplifted in so many ways!

My life is so great!
 Remembering Angel and Cecilee's fiesta makes me smile! This tradition was really cool...Starting with the groom's parents, the bride and groom are handed down to dance with all their friends and family. The family members that have danced then get in a circle around them and sway. At the end of the dance everyone comes and pins money onto the bride and groom for their future.
This was them by the end! It was fun to pass them down through friends and family and get to have a second to talk to them. They of course ended the traditional dance dancing together!
My FAVORITE part of the fiesta reception was the dancing! Believe it or not, I talked Jeff into dancing with me!!! I'm not talking about boring slow dancing...I'm talking about fast, salsa music type of dancing where you just move to the beat. Jeff knows I love dancing so he danced with me for a good 5 songs and made my whole night (and life) if you can't tell by my smile.
 Every time I pull in home I feel like I'm pulling into a fairytale with all my luscious flowers and greenery. I love it so much and can't help but take TOO many pictures!
 If you don't know by now, I LOVE GARDENING! I just picked up my tulip bulbs today (that will need to be planted Fall time to bloom in Spring time) and am already planning for my Fall and Winter flowers that I will be changing out in October.
 Jeff and I have had a lot of conversations lately about the future, and it's scary! This was the pop-up thought of the day and it brought me peace so I thought I'd spread that peace. I don't know about you, but I want GREAT!
 My mom is the greatest and is always getting us Tuacahn tickets. We went and saw Sister Act on the third row this last week and let me just tell you...I LAUGHED THE WHOLE TIME! I loved this play and the main girl was amazingly perfect for that role!!! If you get a chance, GO SEE IT!
 It was fun to go with my parents and Syd (not picture because she went to the bathroom all by herself, she's growing up hahaha).
 Jeff is coaching the runningbacks at Dixie High School this year and is having a blast! I went and watched the end of practice and it was fun to watch him do his thing, and let me tell you, he looked good doing it! This is such a great opportunity for Jeff to get out of his comfort zone and to challenge himself. I'm excited to go cheer him on as he coaches, I always love me some Friday night lights!
 If you weren't aware, Cec is in hair school and we are in HEAVEN! Jeff went in for his long awaited hair cut and was not disappointed! This was her first of MANY haircuts and it turned out so handsome. I always knew Cec was meant to do hair, but I am BLOWN away by how amazing she really is! If you are looking for a great hair stylist and if you want to go on her hair school journey with her call Evans Hair College and make an appointment with Cecilee, you will not regret it!
Also, look her up on Instagram @hairschoolwithcec and see what I'm talking about.
 This picture and room may not look like much, but last Friday I spent 3 hours finally organizing our little office. It is not complete yet, but you can sit on the couch, you can see the floor, there is stuff on the walls (they aren't straight but they are up) and my desk top is clean! 
It's amazing, since being organized, we have spent WAY more time in there and now feel like we have another little escape in our home!
 Our stake had Stake Conference this last Saturday and Sunday and we had the blessing of having an apostle of the Lord presiding at it, Elder Bednar and his beautiful wife. 
Saturday night this was the beautiful view we walked out to; I LOVE LIVING IN THE SHADOW OF THE TEMPLE.
This conference was just what I needed. I learned so much, felt overwhelmed by the spirit, was overcome with peace, received answers, and had my fire lit to being my best. 
I can't even try to summarize what I learn into a couple sentences because I learned and felt SO MUCH, but one thing I want to share is that I am so grateful for living prophets in these latter days. I'm grateful for their testimonies and examples that encourage me to be my best. I'm grateful for their counsel in helping me along the path, and I know that they are truly men of God. Elder Bednar is no exception and he holds a dear spot in my heart. He has changed my life multiple times by reminding me of who I should be and who I can become that person through. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints and I am grateful to be a member!
Okay, I'm done. I have to stop cause I could go on all day long! Hahaha! Anyway, IT WAS AMAZING!!!!
 Sunday my mom showed me this treasure that Trevor sent and it made me laugh so hard. I love this goober and I miss him so much, but am so grateful for his example of faith and hard work! I hope this made you smile like it does me every time. Shake it Trev!
 Sunday we went and dropped off the check of money we raised at the car wash for Nicole. She looked adorable and is doing better! I love being a part of Kalamity.
Speaking of Kalamity, we have our last benefit concert for Kycie this Friday! It's going to be a wonderful evening filled with love; there is truly something for everyone...bake sale, silent auction, Hungry Howies, Waffle Love, singing, dancing, laughing, it's all there! Get your tickets from me today for $5, all the money raised with go to Kycie's family!
I hope to see you there!!! If anything, it's a night to get away from life's stresses and remember the importance of service and thinking of others!
This morning after dance practice I had the blessing of going and doing family names. It was just what I needed to start an awesome day and this place always calms my heart. I am always overwhelmed by it's beauty and I of course have to take a picture every time.

I love my life and am grateful for this week and what I learned. 
I hope everyone has a wonderful week! I hope to see you Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment