Thursday, August 27, 2015

T. Swift Trip - Day One.

Well we left at 5:25 Wednesday morning to give us the whole day to play in California.
 We couldn't check in til 3 so we planned to go shopping on our way to Encinitas. First stop was Irvine SPECTRUM mall (aka BEST MALL EVER). Jeff is so sweet to always carry my shopping bags haha.
 I hadn't even been there for an hour when this picture was taken. Oh and I didn't start my day off in that shirt (I just get excited about purchases so I change into new clothes while shopping hahaha.)
If you didn't know, this mall has H&M, Forever 21, Target, Cotton On, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, and LOTS of other fabulous store. Plus it has a Chipotle, Cheesecake Factory, Javiers, Coldstone, Yogurtland and lots of other delicious food options. OH YEAH, and it has a carousel, ferris wheel, train, and splash pad. Yeah I wasn't kidding when I said it was the best mall ever!
 We grabbed lunch at Cheesecake Factory where we enjoyed our usual.
 Then we took the scenic route through Laguna Beach to our hotel in Encinitas! This is our cute little hotel/motel Leucadia Inn. There are cute little sitting areas everywhere with lots of potted flowers, just up my ally.
The rooms aren't super nice, but the location and charm are worth it!
 After checking in we threw our suits on and headed down to Grandview beach!
 To say the water was perfect wouldn't give it justice, the water was seriously perfect temperature and glistening. This is a nice quiet beach with soft sand and surfers. I sun bathed mostly while Jeff floated in the water hahaha.
 Then we ran to the Farmer's Market for some fresh fruit for breakfast.
 After picking up some dinner we enjoyed the last of the sunset from D-Street beach overlook.
Sunsets are magical, but the ones here just seem extra magical!

Day one was full of lots of driving, but we love long drive talks and sing-a-longs. 
We are enjoying this long awaited vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment