Monday, August 17, 2015

Service with a smile :)

What a week!
We had our last benefit concert for Kycie this last Friday and all week was full of preparations for this special event! 
Now that we are a non-profit organization, we can now give the money in a big check! FUN!!!
Diabetes awareness was the focus of this concert, so I put together this type 1 diabetes awareness video that taught me a lot about diabetes and just how serious it is. I HIGHLY recommend everyone watch it and learn the basics of diabetes.
This show I had Cec take some pictures for me, I put it on the best settings and told her to do whatever she wanted, and she took some amazing photos!!!
 "Am I Wrong" opening number. This number is special because it tells the story of my aunt and founding Kalamity!
"Chandelier" is one of the crowd favorites, and Jeff's favorite as well!
 It's a fierce dance that is not easy on the neck hahaha.
 The hairstyle we wear is super cute, but for me I have to work extra hard to try to keep my hair out of my face hahaha.
 "Destiny Child."
 "You make me feel so young"...let's just say my aunt and I are pretty good actors hahaha.
 Hide and seek.
 Children these days.
"Keepin' it fierce."
 This show we had the Dixie High football team guest perform, and the crowd LOVED them!
 "Karate kid" and Ky showing off her tumbling skills.
 Taking it home with "Anthem."
 The end of the night when we hand the money over to the cause, it's such an amazing feeling of love and gratitude. That feeling is the whole reason I dedicate so much time and energy for a cause! We were able to raise $7,400 as a community for the Kisses for Kycie foundation!!!
 The next morning we had practice on the water tower, where we laughed and shared our favorite moments from the night before.
 My favorite kind of practices.
 Saturday my grandma had a Family History ground breaking breakfast that I was able to help her with. It was so fun to spend some time with her and to help make this event nice for the sweet family history missionaries.
 Saturday after Jeff's scrimmage, we went to the fair with Angel, Cec, and Syd. I always love taking pictures of neon lights at night.
 The lines were ridiculous long EVERYWHERE, so we didn't even ride any rides, but we did eat some yummy (and extremely unhealthy) fair food, and watched the fireworks.
I love my sisters!!! And our food shirts!!!

It was a great week and I'm looking forward to a nice chill last week of summer! I can't believe school starts again next week and I can't believe it's FINALLY my last year of college. I NEVER thought I would see this day, especially cause I took a year and a half off of college hahaha, but I can see the end in sight and I am EXCITED!!!
I hope everyone has a wonderful week :) Be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment