Monday, September 1, 2014

SURPRISE 21st Birthday Party & Proposal!!!!

If you didn't know already, Cecilee is ENGAGED!!!!
Crazy, I know! I can't hardly believe it either.

Here is the whole story with details that maybe you didn't even want to know hahahaha...
Angel contacted me about a week and a half ago to see if I could help him set up a proposal! I thought long and hard and thought of the idea of throwing a surprise birthday party then surprising her with a proposal! Double surprise!
He liked it and we set up the plan.
Cecilee's 21st birthday is actually tomorrow, but with Trevor leaving the 3rd and his farewell and stuff I didn't want her to be forgotten. So we decided to throw her a party with a HUGE surprise!
I set everything up and tried to make it all run as smoothly as possible!
Angel came down Thursday night and stayed with us then Friday we set up and waited!!!
 The lights and tulle were from my wedding so they cost nothing! Balloons cost $8.50 total! At the end of each balloon I had a picture of Cecilee at each age of her life up until this point! :)
 The first game, the game to set up the proposal, is called "I Remember When..." 
Everyone wrote down a special memory shared with Cec and she had to guess who it was.
We read a few then read Angel's! Angel's memory was the one that were were creating, the proposal, and his memory lead into a lip synch where he came out to surprise her!
 Pretty flowers for Cec!
 The anxious soon to be groom!
 White roses. :)
 Detail shot!
 The crazy planner!
 Dad writing a memory before the birthday girl gets here.
 I was the one that brought Cec to the party. I made plans with her to go get sushi before Syd's game, so we met up and I told her I had to run a couple errands. The last errand we ran was running to the studio to "pick up the iPod" hahaha.
 She was shocked!!!
 Right away we blessed the food, started eating, and made Cec take her throne! She was really touched, moved to tears even!
 We stared the "I remember when..." game, I read a few of other people's memories then started Angel's where I started the lip synch to the song "With You".
 Then Angel came out and did his thing!
 She was shocked! And extremely happy if you can't tell. And still had no idea what was about to happen! :)
I need you boo
I gotta see you boo
And the heart's all over the world tonight, said the heart's all over the world tonight
 Hey little mama,
Ooh, you're a stunner
Hot little figure, yes you're a winner
And I'm so glad to be yours,
You're a class all your own!
AND
Oh, little cutie
When you talk to me
I swear the whole world stops
You're my sweetheart
And I'm so glad that you're mine
You are one of a kind and...
 You mean to me...
 What I mean to you and...
 Together baby...
 There is nothing we won't do.
 She said YES!!!!
 And hasn't stopped smiling since!



 After things settled down for a minute we started on the second game...
"The Newly Engaged Game!"
We all got to ask them a question and they had to each answer to see how well they knew each other and to let everyone get to know them as a couple! Angel doesn't live here and they met in Kansas so we haven't had a lot of opportunities to get to know him so I thought this would be a great game to break him in!
First question: Angel when did you know you loved Cec?
 We asked them LOTS of questions, all kinds, and they got EVERY SINGLE ONE RIGHT!!!!
 Favorite food....
 When do you think each one wants to have the wedding...
 We then had birthday cake and sang!


 The rest of the party we all mingled and gathered around to ask them more questions and see the beautiful ring!

 Lots of bling! Cec also has a pear center diamond, like me :)
 Sibs! It was really important to Cec and Angel that Trevor be included in at least some of the wedding stuff! So it was really special that Trev could see them get engaged!
All of us kids!

It was a special memory and I feel honored that Angel asked me to help! I love this kind of stuff and I tend to get carried away but it was a real treat! Angel is going to be a great addition to our family and it's exciting to see us growing! This is a crazy stage of life with so many changes and I'm so blessed to call these people my brothers and sisters, whether we are near or far we are always going to be close! I love my family and I love that my parents fell in love to create this masterpiece of an eternal family!!!!! :)

Cost breakdown:
Table cloths and wrapping paper to accent tables: $5 
Balloons: $8.50
Pictures: dug through my mom's house
Lights & Tulle: leftover wedding decor
Vases, lamps, plants: my home decor
Food: everyone brought a finger food to share
Venue: our beloved dance studio, free :)
BASICALLY: this party was under $30 total and I think it turned out pretty dang cute! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment