Saturday, September 7, 2013

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present...

The last week I've spent a lot of time at the hospital.
My aunt had her baby!!!
Andrew Maze Stokes and he is absolutely beautiful.
It was exciting to go see this little angel.
 Major and Legend LOVE their baby!
My aunt was there for one day and was out dancing the next day!
Crazy, I know!!!!
That's not the only reason I've been to the hospital this week...
My grandpa is still there.
This time it's really not looking good.
His body is very sick and his heart is doing all it can but it's just not strong enough.
He is swelling all over and his kidneys are now not working as they should.
They are having a hard time getting the fluids from the swelling out and he is in a lot of pain.
Also, because of the swelling he's having a hard time breathing.
It breaks my heart to see my grandpa this way and to see the pain in my grandma's eyes as she tries to do all she can to make him as comfortable as he can be.



 My grandpa loves his football!! :)
 Eternal love!

 With everything that's going on in my grandpa's body, it makes him really tired and he sleeps a lot. But we all love just sitting there with him and just enjoying the time together as a family.
 The waiting room is always filled with family members. Last night there was lots of baby "ooo-ing and ahhhh-ing" over this adorable baby!

(Are you guys seeing that smile on Jeff's face??? :) It's priceless!)
I love my family and I know that the Lord has a plan for each and every one of us. The hard part, and the most important part, is putting our faith and trust in his plan.
Keep my family in your prayers please.
We are richly blessed with the gift of a beautiful little life, and with the rich memories and love of my grandpa, our family patriarch.
One thing that I was reminded of this week was how beautiful life really is.
Don't hold back.
Say the things  you need to say and show love to everyone.
Don't hold back.
Make today count.
As my grandpa says..."Yesterday was history, tomorrow's a mystery, but today is a gift, that's why they call it the present."

1 comment: