Monday, September 16, 2013

The Legend of Naupaka.

This legend was told to me by my Grandpa when we first arrived in Hawaii for a family reunion a few years back.
My grandpa loved Hawaii and has so many special memories there.
He loved showing us things of his childhood and stories of his life and I loved it too!
I wish I could hear him tell me the legend again and I know one day I will.

The Legend goes like this...
 A royal father separated his royal daughter and her commoner lover, condemning them to live forever apart...she in the mountains, and he at the seashore. 
It is said that if the mountain Naupaka and beach Naupaka flowers are reunited, the two young lovers will be together again.
It's a beautiful story and I was reminded of it by Cec this last week as we were reminiscing on memories with grandpa.
So next time you are in Hawaii look for these beautiful flowers and unite the lovers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment