Friday, February 2, 2018

IVF FET Frozen Embryo Transer Period Is Here

After a hysteroscopy they have you wait until your next period before doing an embryo transfer.
At first I was really bummed about this because obviously I want to get pregnant and waiting longer is no fun, but I can see that it really is a blessing in disguise.
Here's why I think that...
-My body tends to swell easily so waiting a little will help my body heal after the retrieval and hysteroscopy so that there isn't any more unnecessary inflamation.
-It gives me time to mentally prepare again for shots and shots and shots, these upcoming shots are the ones everyone says are the worst so a little break is nice.
-It reassures me that my body is doing all it can to help me, like bleeding when it should AKA a period haha.

Anyway, here's what we've been up to while we wait for the period that will start all the exciting stuff...
 My sweet friend, Shawnee, sent me an IVF care package full of thoughtful gifts and my favorite treats. I have truly been so blessed with great friends and family that do so much to make me feel loved and special. THANK YOU!
 Pancakes and home made buttermilk syrup EVERY DAY!!! MMMM :)
 We drove down to Mesquite to a Hot Air Balloon Festival and had a fun night talking and seeing beautiful lit up balloons.

My period came so that means IT'S FROZEN EMBRYO TRANSFER TIME (FET!!!!!)
On this infertility journey I've had to find things that bring me joy and double as a therapy, that's what gardening is for me and I've been doing a lot of it lately! I've had a really rough week, lots of emotion break downs and feeling like a crazy person, but I know it will all be worth it and I have to find joy in the journey!!!

We have a Frozen Embryo Transfer date set for February 27th and WE CANNOT WAIT!!!! Now all the yucky shots in hopes of a successful transfer. I've been dreading this part but am hopeful for the whole process. Anyway, we start the intramuscular shots tonight so wish us luck! AHHH!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Post, Thanks for providing this lovely information to us. Want to know more about IVF Treatment? Then visit my blog Best IVF Centre in Punjab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a question in the mind of many people who is the "Best IVF Centre in Punjab
    " If you are seeking it, then I suggest you visit Dr Sumita Sofat Hospital and get the best IVF treatment from experts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a question in the mind of many people who is the "Best IVF Centre in Punjab". If you are seeking it, then I suggest you visit Dr Sumita Sofat Hospital and get the best IVF treatment from experts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a question in the mind of many people who is the "Best IVF Centre in Haryana" If you are seeking it, then I suggest you visit Dr Sumita Sofat Hospital and get the best IVF treatment from experts.

    ReplyDelete