Tuesday, December 24, 2013

It's Tradition!

I love this time of year, just like everyone else.
I truly wish that it lasted more than just a month!
I love driving around and seeing the Christmas lights.
I love shopping.
 (Jeff does too when it's for him. We got a 55" TV online on black Friday and it came right before we moved. Excited much Jeff?)
I love listening to Christmas music.
I love drinking hot chocolate and eating ice cream at the same time.
I love the Hallmark channel and all the heartfelt movies that play.
I love family time.
BUT one of my favorite parts are the traditions that bring in the true spirit of Christmas!
 This is our ornament tradition!
Since I was a baby my mom would get us an ornament each year to represent a big event from that year. When I got married my ornaments graduated from my parent's tree and were given to me as a gift for my own tree! This is my box of ornaments and every year I love to share the story behind each ornament while hanging the ornament on the tree! :)
This year we got this framed ornament of Jeff and I with my grandpa! I love it and made sure to hang it right in the front of the tree so I could see it every time I look at the tree.
Jeff and I went out and each got our own ornament from the year that we also added to the tree!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE everyone!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment