Sunday, December 22, 2013

In Honor...

I have the greatest in laws a girl could ask for!
Seriously, they are a dream!!!
The Saturday after Thanksgiving they always have a brunch where we draw names for their Pixie gift exchange.
Well this brunch they had an extra special surprise for us.
At each place setting on the table there was an envelope with our names on it.
After breakfast we were instructed to open it!
I was not expecting to find what was in the envelope, but what I found really touched my heart.
There was an explanation letter and $60!
The letter read:
Dear Jeff & Cambria,

This year we would like to have our family Christmas service project to be done in small and simple acts of kindness given by you, our children. We would like you to take this $60 and watch for small acts of service you can give anonymously or openly to help someone in need. We are doing this to honor Cambria's Grandpa Ah Quin. He asked to have $60 from each paycheck to spend on anything he wanted and often he spent that money on people he met who were in need. 

Please give service to four or more people you come upon in your everyday life.This means you probably can't pay for major things for others, just small and simple thins. Come prepared to share your experiences with our family on Sundays from now until Christmas...

I cried, of course, because I was so touched by their thoughtfulness and love.
My grandpa was a wonderful example to me and I am so blessed to be able to honor him in this special Christmas tradition! This is a tradition I will pass onto my kids and I can't wait!
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family, the one I was born into and the family I married into!!!
Families are FOREVER!!! :)

Stay tuned for some of my special experiences with the $60!

No comments:

Post a Comment