Friday, August 2, 2013

I love my Dad.

Yesterday Jeff and I headed over to my parent's house to get things organized for our garage sale on Saturday.

...Garage Sale is Saturday (tomorrow) August 3rd from 7-1...
...In Ivins at 330 E. 1175 S...
...We have lots of clothes (comes school shopping), furniture pieces, random home goods, and just lots of little treasures...

I came home to my Dad talking to Cec about future decisions and I was touched by his grace.
It reminded me of all the times my Dad has been there for me and offered words of wisdom.
This is a hard stage for Cec and anyone in that age and it seems that making the right decision of where to go, what to do, who to be around, how long, are impossible.
I remember being there and how confused I felt.
But I also remember my parents love.
That was the first thing that touched me...
 Typical goofy Dad!
Then we headed out to the sweaty garage to get things organized.
We are working for about 45 minutes when my Dad comes out to help after working a long hot day.
After we get it all organized and priced out he takes everyone (Jeff, Trevor, Cec, Hanneman, Teancum, and I) all down to what used to be called "Tri-mart" and buys us all a drink.
When we get home he makes us dinner and talks with us for til 9 even though he has to wake up early to start another long hot day of work.
I'm so grateful for wonderful parents!
I'm so grateful for the love and grace they always give me.
I'm grateful for their righteous examples and for their prayers and just for the blessing of eternal families.
Yesterday was a simple day, but it was one that I will cherish forever because we were all able to work together (which doesn't happen very often anymore.)
I missed having my Mom, Syd, and Cec helping us but I'm grateful that we are an eternal family!
 (I just wanted to share again the hankerchief I gave to my Dad the day I married my love and my Dad's birthday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment