Monday, July 27, 2015

Blessed week!

This last week was so great!
I do have a confession, I have been slacking in using my DSLR and this week I've decided that's gonna stop!!! So don't mind my phone pictures.
 Last Monday was my 23rd birthday and it was seriously so wonderful. I felt so loved, and what else could you ask for on your birthday? 
The day started with breakfast in bed, thanks to my sweet husband.
 Then lunch time my friends and family gathered at one of my favorite restaurants, The Habit, to surprise me for lunch. It is always a treat to be surrounded by loved ones while eating good food!
 I seriously cannot get over how cute this little stinker is! Look at that face!
 One more, because don't you just want to kiss the crap outta him??? 
 Then I went home and took a nice long nap and woke up just as Jeff was coming home! He surprised me with these gorgeous flowers that smell as wonderful as they look. He knows me well.
 He then took me to another one of my favorite restaurants, Anasazi where we enjoyed our steaks on the rock!
 And they gave me a free cheesecake dessert for my birthday! 
Then Jeff surprised me with a shopping spree at one of my favorite stores, TARGET! As if my Taylor Swift tickets (he gave to me early) weren't enough!!!! Speaking of the Taylor Swift Concert, it's coming up...only 1 month and two days away!
This was such a wonderful birthday and I was spoiled with love, time, attention, and gifts! Thank you everyone for making my birthday so special.
 If you don't know by now, I'm a foodie. I like to make my food pretty and then I like to take pictures of it. This was a yummy pineapple habanero salmon salad with fresh apricots, plums, carrots, tomatoes, walnuts, corn, and baked beans with a poppyseed dressing. MMMMM :)
Jeff got off early Thursday so we started our weekend early with swimming and as Jeff says, "living the life..."
 We've been having our 4:00 am rehearsals, getting ready for our last Kisses for Kycie benefit concert on August 14th. Sometimes after practice I like to wake Jeff up to go watch the sunrise with me, and although he doesn't love waking up early, he loves me and the pleasure I get from a simple sunrise. 
We seriously live in an amazing world.
 After our sunrise morning we came home, slept in a little longer, then hit the yard. I NEVER thought I would say this, but I LOVE yard work and gardening. However, my favorite part is sitting back after it's all done and admiring our hard work.
We spent our 24th swimming and barbequeing with my family and it was a blast! I love days like that.
 Saturday morning my beautiful birthday flowers were going strong!
We had our annual splash mob in honor of National Dance Day and it was a blast! Every time we dance at the splash pad I can't help but reflect on the time I made the best decision ever, I said yes to marrying the most amazing man! If you want to reflect with me here is our wonderful proposal video and Kalamity's very first splash mob and our splash mob from Saturday!
Saturday's splash mob.
 Proposal splash mob!
 That night my Kalamity fam bam performed at the NDD Zumba shindig at the Hospital parking lot!
 I seriously love these people so much and I am so grateful for dance and the wonderful opportunities and lessons it has taught me.
Then Sunday we taught our primary kids for the last time and it was bittersweet. Earlier this week on Wednesday we had a surprise visit from the bishopric where they extended new callings to Jeff and I. We are sad to leave our primary kids but excited for this new change! I am now the personal progress advisor and Jeff is the deacon quorum advisor, so if you have any advice for us feel free to share.

However, this picture PERFECTLY captures each of their individual personalities...
Marcus is the sweet, shy little boy. Kamana'O is the moody and serious teenager in a little boys body. Abby is the "baby kitty" meaning she likes to act like a baby by repeating "mommy" and "meow" over and over; plus she can fake cry like you wouldn't believe. Jerzi is the all around sweet and good little girl that is always helping. Emmet is the wild random dance party kid that cannot sit still. Jackson is always trying to be best friends with Emmet and is always smiling or saying silly things. We are missing Rosemary (the quiet, "relaxing" surprised little girl) and Felicity (the Jeff crazed little girl that likes to think I'm Jeff's mom instead of his wife hahaha) in this picture but we will miss them as well.
I've been in primary since we've been married and it's been the perfect calling for me in this stage of life. I've learned so much about myself, my testimony, my parenting style, and the importance of primary in children's lives. This calling has taught me SO MUCH MORE than I ever taught my three wonderful classes. I'm sad to leave this calling but excited for what's to come.

I guess you could say it was an awesome and unexpected week full of fun.
I love my life and all the opportunities I have!

3 comments:

  1. Love to read all your cute updates! Also, that FOOD. Please share some of your recipes, they all look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always so sweet! I will surely send some recipes to you :) Love your cute little family addition!

      Delete
  2. I loved watching the proposal video again. Such a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete