Monday, July 13, 2015

Back to reality...and it was good!

Back to reality, real life, no more vacation...and it was good!
We have been gone constantly for the last month, so it was nice to just be home and back in routine for a minute!
 Monday was the first night of our Kisses for Kycie Pizza Pie Cafe fundraiser and it was a blast! Of course we had to go flash mob and eat as a team!
If you weren't able to make it to the fundraiser, here is what you missed!
 I really enjoy cooking but I don't always enjoy cleaning up the messes I make. I thought this lunch meal for Jeff was picture worthy! I have never been a salad girl, but when you add enough yummy things to your salad it's bound to be delicious right??? I also LOVED this pineapple habanero glaze on the salmon! My mouth is watering thinking about it now. I also like to make my plates look good, cause you eat with your eyes first right??
 This calm week was accompanied with calm (not blazing hot) weather and cotton candy skies. I'm a sucker for nature's beauties.
 Every Wednesday night you know where I'll be, ADULT HIP HOP at The Vault!!! No matter what I'm frustrated with, how I feel about myself, or whatever lame thoughts are filling my head, I always leave adult hip hop happy and free! Cheap therapy ($3) and IT'S A BLAST (a sweaty blast haha)!!!
Thursday night was the last night of our fundraiser for Kycie, so we HAD to go again! It was a fun night full of laughter and pizza!!!
 After Pizza Pie Cafe I got spoiled :) a new watch and three pairs of shoes all under $50!!! Can't beat an Anne Klein watch for $20!
 Friday I was Cec's practice dummy for her first set of acrylic nails! They turned out great and she is blowing my mind with how talented she is with cosmetology, this really is her calling!
 Saturday morning our beautiful cause, Kycie Terry, passed away in her fathers arms with her mother by her side. I am so heartbroken for her family but so thankful for the Plan of Salvation and the knowledge that FAMILIES ARE FOREVER possible through our Savior, Jesus Christ!!! It's truly amazing to think about all the lives she touched in her short life, she changed so many lives and even saved lives through her story. She is amazing and I am grateful for the strength and faith she has given me. We will be putting together a benefit concert for her within the next month, so I'll keep you posted and hope to see everywhere there!!!
I wouldn't have known or been able to serve Kycie if it weren't for Kalamity! I'm so grateful for the blessing it is in my life! If you don't know what Kalamity is, watch this short video to get an idea of why I love it so much! PLEASE IGNORE MY HIDEOUS HAIR IN IT HAHAHA.
I know I haven't mentioned it before, but Jeff talked me into getting a gym membership and we've been going at 6 in the morning together for the last 2 weeks. I've always exercised through dance and sports but I haven't worked out in a gym since my sophomore year of high school. It's been fun to challenge myself again and remember all the different workouts I didn't know I knew. However, my favorite part is coming home after and seeing my beautiful flowers waking up. 
I'm grateful for the Lord's creation of nature, flowers, grass, trees, etc and for the blessing it is to play around with nature and create something beautiful! I really can't tell you how much joy it gives me :)

Well I hope everyone has a BEAUTIFUL week! Squeeze your loved ones a little tighter, forget offenses, be quick to serve, and give your smile freely, I know that's what I'm going to try to do this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment