Monday, March 9, 2015

Hello. Goodbye. See you later.

It's been a CRAZY week, and the craziness is just going to continue!
There's been a lot of hellos, goodbyes, and see you laters with family all week long.
Here are the pictures of some special moments of this awesome week...
 Jeff's cousin Jake got home from his mission Thursday evening! It's so crazy to think that it has been two years and he home. Brad gets home this upcoming Wednesday and we are all anxious with excitement!!!
 The first 40 orders of Kalamity's Kycie shirts from the online store went out! It only took me two days to get them sorted and processed!!!
 Friday we finally tried Bombay Cafe, I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this restaurant so I had high expectations and I must say...they met all of them and maybe even exceeded them! It was GOOD! We ordered the Coconut Chicken Curry and I could have eaten 10 plates it was that good.
Friday we also purchased our first gun. Jeff was ecstatic and we feel ready for anything (haha)!
Saturday was Cecilee's family bridal shower! We scheduled this shower so that my grandma Horlacher and all of the Horlacher side could be there since they were up for the farewell! My grandma Ah Quin had this adorable tres leches cake made in honor of the bride; it reads, "Horlacher Today Orpinela For Eternity."
 I was running around like a crazy person all morning going from dance to the shower so I forgot my camera :( but my mom was able to capture these cute moments!
Saturday night my Horlacher grandparents took the whole family to dinner at Chuck-A-Rama then I headed to Kalamity's half time performance. 
 Sunday morning came extra fast (especially with daylight savings). We got to the chapel and listened to beautiful talks given by my grandparents. The spirit was so strong and you could see the excitement in their countenance! They are so ready and although I miss them a lot already, they are going to be AMAZING missionaries in Nauvoo, Illinois.
 Everyone that came to listen to their farewell address and show their support. Yeah, it was basically the whole congregation haha. I always tease my grandparent that they are social butterflies, being in their ward the last year I have witnessed it first hand! Everyone LOVES them and everyone wants to be their friends because they make everyone feel loved, I feel blessed to have examples of love like them in my life.
 My grandma and grandpa Horlacher's posterity (and legacy, as my grandpa Ah Quin would say.) All their kids and grandkids (minus Trevor).
 This morning I got home from dance and I looked in the back where they live and their lights were off and their truck was gone, they were off on their mission. I couldn't help but cry because this last year being their neighbor, their renter, their ward member, their grand-daughter, and friend has been a really rewarding experience. They are some of the most genuine and loveable people you will ever meet! This next 18 months I'm going to miss my grandpa's jokes and contagious laugh, and my grandma's sweet voice as she tells my grandpa (Rich) what needs to be done.
Aren't they adorable? :)
 I love my sister, she's such a babe! I couldn't help but take her picture with her cute dress that had a purple blossom pattern and all the purple blossom trees.
Best Friends FOREVER!!! And ever, and ever, and ever!!!!
 After the AWESOME sacrament meeting we all headed to my parent's house for a lovely luncheon! It was so nice to see so many faces and visit with family and friends we haven't seen in a long time. 
 Later that evening, after my grandparents had been set apart, we headed to their home to spend some last minute time with them. They were literally glowing and smiling from ear to ear. They were ready to go and looked like they were floating! I'm so excited to hear all their stories and even more excited to go visit them!

It was a really special week full of family, parties, and missionaries. 
I am so grateful for the plan of happiness and for the opportunity we have to live this life with family.
Family truly is the most sacred unit and those relationships carry through all generations of time and life. Make your family relationships count, do everything you can to develop intimate relationships with your family. 
That's something you will NEVER regret!

No comments:

Post a Comment