Friday, March 13, 2015

Brazil yesterday, America today!

Elder Bradley Hauck is HOME!!!
I can hardly believe it!!!
It has been one of the fastest and slowest two years (if that makes any sense.)
We are over joyed to have him home and his countenance is brighter than ever!
Here's a BUNCH of the pictures captured yesterday...
 These two went full out!!! :) Spent the day decorating and getting ready for Elder Hauck!
 Grandma and Amy made this adorable sign for Hudson.
 ANXIOUSLY waiting!!!
 Brad teasing us before coming through the doors! I love how you can see mom and Jeff's excited expressions in the reflection.
 Here he comes...
 Handsome Bradley with his contagious smile! He always has a bright countenance but his countenance is beaming with the light of Christ and love!
 Mom was there to hug right away!
 This moment makes me cry every time. I thought this was a cool shot, the other missionary that came home the same time as Brad was hugging his mom at the same time so I took a picture of the two missionaries hugging their moms! 
I can't help but think this is the kind of reunion we will have with our families once we leave this life. I know that one day I will have a moment like this with my grandpa again!
 Brad brought home a flag for his mom and right away wrapped her up in the flag!
 Brad has always been sweet and the flag gesture melted my heart.
 I love the smiles and the feeling of pride in this picture.
 Jeff has been counting down the days since Brad left. I love the compassionate and loving friendship they have, I know that each of them looks up to the other so much. I know that Jeff has some big plans for the two of them now that Brad's home.
 Cause one hug is never enough! I love the look on mom's face here, it sums up the feeling of the whole day.
 We all could not stop smiling and hugging Brad!
 The whole welcoming crew!
 Emme was a little unsure of the whole thing. 
 But Brad learned right away that she can be easily bribed!
 So sweet!
 And he even got a kiss out of it.
 Brad's first look at home (STG).
 Soaking it all in.
 After all the excitement at the airport, Brad was rushed off to be released (something that he was not ready for). Then we all come home (Brad has never been here since it's been done) and had a nice dinner!
I loved all the cute decorations.
 I'm telling you, Mom and Amy went all out!
 Welcome Home Elder Hauck! It's still surreal!
 Jeff helping to keep Emme distracted while we all got a chance to visit with Brad!
 Brad was excited to have us try a special Brazilian drink and cookies.
 Although he was running on only a couple hours of sleep over a 2 day period, he stayed up late with us and visited. I know that I didn't want to leave, I wanted to soak up as much of his light as possible hahaha.
This picture, I think, captures Brad perfectly...he's sweet, always smiling, happy, genuine, and just a beautiful person inside and out!
After dinner and visiting, he got the tour of the house and his room. Mom, Dad, Jeff and I all sat in his room while he unpacked and showed us all his cool trades he did throughout the mission. This Brazil jersey and Jacket were among his trades.
WE ARE SOOOOO EXCITED TO HAVE HIM HOME! IT REALLY DOES NOT FEEL REAL! 
As you can tell, he was an amazing missionary and really served Heavenly Father's childrend (his brothers and sisters) with his whole heart. Through the stories he shared with us last night, you can't help but feel that he really learned what it means to have charity and to love like Christ.
WE LOVE YOU BRAD AND ARE SO EXCITED YOU ARE HOME!
Welcome Home Elder!!!

He will be giving his homecoming address this Sunday at 9:30 am at the Morningside building on River Road!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this post. Thank you dear Cambria. I love you!

    ReplyDelete