Monday, January 5, 2015

Cabin Snow Party Mission Oreos Cause...all in that order :)

This week :)
I'm not gonna lie...
It's been kind of a hard week when it comes to emotions.
I've been all over the place and I have been a little discouraged with the whole not getting pregnant already thing.
Alas, I am good now and feel great! :)
Here are the recent events that have brought a smile to my face...
 Exactly a week ago we had a BHHS (Jeff's group of friends from high school, they had their own group name) reunion. It was a blast to see his friends and all their wives! 
We went out to dinner then drove up to Levi's cabin in Pine Valley where we stayed up all night playing games, watching old movies and slide shows, and laughing. It was a blast!
 The next morning we woke up to snow! It was snowing! :) I love visiting snow (see the key word there, VISITING haha).
Then we came home, celebrated New Years Eve with my family at Texas Roadhouse as it started to snow here!
I may or may not have fell asleep before midnight...
Jeff is so cute though, he woke me up right before midnight with a glass of sparkling cider and a kiss into the New Year!
I love that man :)
 We woke up New Years day with snow! So I snuck out and took a couple picture.
Beautiful skies and snow.
New Years was always a holiday that we celebrated with our Ah Quin family! It started back when they all lived in California, my grandpa started the tradition of a 5 mile walk as a family then playing games. It's always hard to celebrate with my grandpa being gone, so this year we went to his grave and celebrated with him. We walked and played games on the big field next to the grave cite, and I know he was there with us!
I have an amazing family and I know my grandpa is proud of every one of his family members!
 More exciting news, Amy finished her mission papers! :) How crazy is that???
And Trevor had his first baptism this week!!!! YAHOO!!! This sweet convert is Lourdes and although I don't know her, I love her! So grateful for missionaries and for this gospel.
It's our other Elder's 21st birthday this week!!! :) And he comes home in 64 days...WE ARE SO EXCITED! 
 I used my new lens mug for the first time with my favorite treat, oreos and milk!!! Thanks Mom, for the cup and the obsession with oreos and milk.
Last, but not least, Kalamity and Kaos is looking for a new cause! If anyone knows of a cause they would like to submit here is all the information!

With this new year I know have so much to be grateful for, and I am! My overall goal for the WHOLE year is to be grateful for what I have and who I am. Sometimes it's hard to see all your blessings, but if we take a step back and count gratitude will always overwhelm us!
That's my two cents for the day! I hope everyone has made some goals to better themselves this year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 
Or as my Grandpa Ah Quin always said, "Hau 'oli Makahiki Hou" Happy New year in Hawaiian.






No comments:

Post a Comment