Monday, December 29, 2014

Holiday Season Highlights!

Here are a few pictures and moments that I may have forgotten to blog about during this season.
So I've compiled them all into one!
During the Christmas season my family always has a gingerbread house making night! I always look forward to it! 
Cec and I take it very seriously, and are usually the first to sit at the table and the last to leave! 
These December sunsets have been pretty beautiful! I had to capture this one.
This exciting event happened a couple weeks ago but I haven't documented it yet, my Horlacher grandparents received their mission call!!! Because I live in front of them and they were out of town, I was the first to hold the call in my hands! So when I took it back to them when they got home, I was greeted with this big grin! (He's not excited at all!!! Haha)
Anyway, they are called to serve in the Nauvoo, Illinois mission and report to the Provo MTC March 9th! We are all so excited for them and are already planning a trip to go see them!!!!
On our drive home from our anniversary getaway I couldn't help but capture this scene! I love the different colors and textures.
Click here to see a little highlight of our anniversary trip!

 Christmas Eve we went to Jeff's family party then headed to my parent's house to "test" skype Trevor! He had to purchase a webcam for his district to use so he was the lucky tester! We hadn't heard from him that week so we were unsure of what the skype plan was, but we ended up lucking out and got to skype him twice!
Trevor's view!

 After our skype date with Trev, we had our Christmas Eve feast and did our pajama opening!
We spent the night at my parents house (like we always do Christmas Eve), opened presents early in the morning, had a waffle breakfast, then headed to Jeff's parent's house for opening!
Christmas morning around 9:00 we were able to talk to Brad! This is the last time we skype him before he comes home, CRAZY I KNOW!!!!
Here is a little film of the Hauck's Christmas morning made by my awesome sister-in-law Amy!
We got to skype Trev one more time then spent the rest of the day with the whole family doing our usual Christmas day celebrating!

The next day we took down all our Christmas decorations, but not without a few photos!
I have no clue where we got this tree, it was supposed to be a white tree (hand me down from Jeff's grandma) but when we pulled it out it was a brand new gorgeous 7 foot tree! I kept calling it our Christmas miracle!
My collection of cards :) next year I want to cover the whole door so put me on your Christmas card sending list!
Front door.
We were blessed to have two trees. This cute little tree was a tree from working with Tiffany. She had this tree that needed new lights so she gave it to me last Christmas! This year we had our Christmas miracle tree, so I put this tree up in the kitchen.
As you already know, we have a tradition of getting a new ornament each year that represents that year, so our tree is a treasure chest of ornaments that hold special memories!
This year we got...
*The 2 donut ornaments at the top (we picked those out) - we tried to be healthy this year, but we have a bad sweet tooth.
*Trevor ornament - the year Elder Horlacher left on his mission.
*Gingerbread House ornament - from my mom, and represents all the decorating and home improving we have done this year.
*Cougar ornament - Jeff's from my mom, symbolizing Jeff's optimism at the beginning of each season and the crushed hopes by the middle haha.
Yesterday was our last time teaching these little angels and I am so sad about it! When I reminded them that this was our last week together and next week they'd get a new teacher they said...
 "I wish this year could start over," 
"do we have to move to a new class?" 
"but what if we want to stay in the class we are in?"
I feel the same way kids!!!! But it was a wonderful year and I am sure going to miss them!
(Major, Sophie, Leera, Emma, Emily, Macy, Treyzon, and Emma. Then two cute little visitors.)

It's been an amazing year and it couldn't have ended with a better holiday season!
Now it's time to set some new goals and get ready for another great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment