Saturday, December 20, 2014

Temple Square First!

We made it to Salt Lake last night, after an hour of backed up traffic! (Reminder of why I love St. George soooo much!)
 Checked into the Radisson at 6:00, dropped our bags then headed to City Creek shopping center!
 I've never been to Temple Square or City Creek at Christmas time, so I was in AWE at all the gorgeous lights!!!
 Magical!
 We shopped a little then decided we were hungry! Headed to Cheesecake Factory, only to find they had a two hour wait, TWO HOURS!!! Yeah right, so we walked around and found Pizza Studio and it was EMPTY, so we ran in there and got our food right away. It was really good and cheap! We probably saved a good $25 by eating there rather than Cheesecake Factory!
 Prepare for LOTS of pictures...keep in mind, I'm a first-timer!





 They had nativities set up all over the Temple grounds! This one was Mexico (I'm assuming) so I had to take a picture of it since my little brother is serving there!!!
 They also had these amazing lights made of paper bags! They said different holiday words in different languages. This says "Light" in Egyptian Hieroglyphics.
 Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus with the gorgeous tree of life behind and floating lights in the water!
 Christmas lights and reflections.
To say I was in awe is an understatement, it was breathtaking to see so many lights and to think about all the time and work went into making it so beautiful! 
We are having a blast and have a lot to look forward to today!
On the schedule today, shopping at the Gateway, shopping at City Creek, meal at Cheesecake Factory (because I'm craving my favorite meals there), and the Piano Guys concert tonight!
I'm excited for a fun day and hope everyone has a great day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love Salt Lake at Christmas time! I miss it around this time of year! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete