Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Today I'm like a wave.

Upset. Hurt. Exhausted. Sad.
All are words that describe me right now.
Why is it that everyone always feels like they know what's best with you?
They work and work behind your back to build up all this ammunition for what?
To hurt you with it? Use it against you? Get what they want?
People always say they just want you to be happy.
But why do they close their eyes to your joy.
They pick and choose what they want to see.
Let me just say this...
Life is hard.
Things won't always work out the way you had hoped.
Or if your me, they will hardly ever work the way you'd hoped. Haha.
Sometimes they will bring you down.
And unfortunately, sometimes it will show that they have brought you down.
But you can't blame it on the sun.
It's not the suns fault things have brought me down.
If anything the sun has just been constant and comforting.
The sun has brought so much hope and love.
The sun isn't perfect, but nothing is, except for our Savior.
Have people ever sat to think how hard they make it to show the joy the sun brings me?
My prayer is that eyes will be opened, hearts will be softened, and the sun will shine through as constant and hopeful as ever.
Today I am this wave. Tossed and turned by emotions and maybe a little hurt. But every day I learn a little more and more to roll with the flow and trust that the sun will always shine through. 
I know this probably doesn't make a lot of sense.
But sometimes nonsense rambling helps the soul.
Much aloha! Have a great day! :)

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Cam. I hope you know how much I love you. I would do anything to make your life so easy and happy. I am so blessed to have you in my life, and I am always in awe of your beautiful heart and the way you react to tough situations. You are the best person I know. Thank you for always being such an amazing example. I love you!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cam, wow, I am not sure what you are going through in your life right now, but thank you for writing this. You have always been such a great example to me. Thank you for being so real! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jeff and Joanie! I love you both soo much!

    Jeff....I hope you know I just love you. Thank you for all that you do for me and for the wonderful person that you are. You're amazing!

    Joanie....Can I just remind you of how much I love you. Thanks for always appreciating me, and for being a good friend. I know I always bring this up, but I will NEVER forget sophomore year. You helped me and inspired me to be better every day. I love you girl! :) Hope you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete