Sunday, January 22, 2012

Uplifting Journalism.

So I have a journal.
BUT it's not just any journal.
It's my spiritual/impressions/thoughts/quote/doodles/anything that stands out to me journal.

Every Sunday, and maybe a few random days in between, I write down pretty much anything that touches my soul.
I like to remember things that touched my soul and writing it down always helps me do that, cause my brain gets overloaded sometimes and I forget really special things.
Anyway...today I decided to read through it and guess what...
MY SOUL WAS TOUCHED AGAIN! :)
I was warmed by the things I had written and as I remembered I felt peace.
So I thought I would share a few thoughts from it!
So hopefully you enjoy even just a little bit of it...

* Thoughts > Desires > Actions...eventually it becomes who you are. Be mindful of the thoughts and desires of your heart.
* "Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith." -President Monson

* "If ye judge people, ye have no time to love them." -Mother Teresa

* We are only people, we need the Lord to achieve and succeed.

* Blessings can only come through obedience.

* To have a pure heart means to have freedom from improper motives.

* Prayer is your personal key to heaven. The lock is on your side of the veil." - Elder Boyd K. Packer

* Have your eyes wide open to your own faults and partially closed to the faults of others. You can't change others, you can only change yourself.

* Choices become hing points in history... every choice has an effect on your eternities. Choose the right.

* You cannot have a better friend than God. Trust Him, love Him, talk to Him. He sent you here to be happy, He knows your heart, He is always there for you. Turn to Him always.

* 11/20/11 This week I felt really low. I was being stubborn and felt like I could do everything on my own. Finally I broke down and I turned to the Lord. I prayed with humility and sincerity. I poured out my heart, my troubles, how I felt. I cried so hard I could hardly breath. I apologized for not turning to Him first. I asked for forgiveness for my unhappy attitude, my self pity, my mistakes, everything I could think of. I cried and I cried until I felt a warm embrace encircle me. I felt joy and at peace. I knew I was being embraced by my Savior. I literally felt like His arms were wrapped around me. The distinct words came into my head, "The Lord still loves you Cam, no matter what." At that moment I felt like I could breath again. I felt like I was important and the things I was going through and the way I was feeling mattered to Him. I knew that I would be okay. I knew that I needed to constantly wait upon the Lord for comfort and guidance. I knew I was loved.
(Even just writing about this experience again gives me the feelings of peace and joy all over again!)

* "I believe in God like I believe in the sun. Not because I can see it, but because of it I can see everything. "- C.S. Lewis

* Live in such a way that if anyone were to speak badly of you, no one would believe it.

* Faith builds on the past, but it never longs to stay there. We need to always be progressing

* Because of the atonement of Jesus Christ, we can learn from our mistakes without having those experiences condemn us.

* Choose to be happy. Always! :) Happiness is always a choice away!
I'm Happy! :)

These are just a few of the many wonderful things I have felt and have written in my little journal. Reading over it has brought back so many wonderful and even some awful experiences. But they are all mine, and they have all had an impact on me and the person that I am continually becoming. I am so grateful that I wrote down the impressions of my heart and that I can look back and learn from them time and time again! I strongly encourage everyone to get a spiritual/impressions/thoughts/quote/doodles/anything that stands out to me journal. You will be amazed at how much you have learned! :)


2 comments:

  1. You are the cutest! Love this post Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Cam! Thanks for the thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete