Sunday, October 2, 2011

College drop out.

So this last week I dropped out of college. Not on purpose. I never had any intentions of dropping out. It just happened. Let me tell you the story...

Well I am a worry wart when it come to finances. I'm very conservative and I stress about always getting everything paid or turned in on time. Last year I applied for a grant, and I was told that I would get one easy. I checked on it weekly to find out the amount and every time they told me it wasn't ready yet. Well the week of school gets here and I go in to find out about my grant (by this time I'm really stressing) and they tell me I didn't qualify for any grant money and that I only qualified for loans. WHAT??? That financial aid counselor told me I would get money for sure...I was bugged. Then they go on to tell me that my money has to be paid by next week and I can either pay in cash or take a loan out. I didn't have the cash...so I had to take out my first loan :(

I told you that story of last year cause it only adds to my story of this year. Well this year my family had some financial changes so I filled out my FASFA application again and (keep in mind I was doing all this in February for the fall semester) went in to find out if I had to fill out any other forms. They give me a form and tell me I need a copy of my tax returns. So I take it home, fill it out and take it back in a matter of 2 days. I take it in and the desk lady says that I have the wrong form...Are you serious??? You gave me the form lady. She apologized about her mix up and sent me on my way with the "right" form. I fill that one out in 1 day and take it back in and the lady at the desk (luckily not the same one) she tells me that I have the wrong form. I was on the verge of tears. This whole financial aid thing was so easy for everyone that I had talked to, why couldn't it be easy for me? The lady then hands me the "RIGHT" form and after I tell her about coming in twice and getting the wrong form twice, I ask her if she could double check to make sure that this was the right form. She did, and sent me on my way. I had this form back the next morning, the lady that helped me the day before was there and she thanked me and told me my status on my application would be up in a month or two. I asked her if she could tell me if my taxes would qualify me for a grant, she looked it over and said...and I quote..."Oh, YEAH. For sure. You should get at least $3000." I was feeling great, and I felt that all those mix ups would be worth it in the end.

Well I checked frequently on my application, when it finally went through guess how much I got...go ahead, guess...I GOT $600 FOR THE WHOLE YEAR, THAT'S $300 A SEMESTER. And again, I qualified for loans. So I went through the whole loan process again. I was so sad. I was so bugged. I felt that those financial aid people need to get more training or something. So right before school started I went and checked on my loan, they told me all was well and I was ready to start school.

School starts and I'm a month in. I go online to do my LIB 1010 homework and I can't log onto the college library database to do my homework. I try a few times through out the day at different places, including the college. So I call. You'll never guess what happened...something went wrong with my college loan, they said they never got it, and they dropped all my classes without telling me. (I got a letter in the mail 3 days after I called and found out.) So I went in to the financial aid office once again, they told me that if I filled out the loan that day they could maybe have it ready by Friday. Well this was Tuesday, I had homework due for LIB (a makeup quiz and the weekly quiz) and my professor wouldn't respond to me. So that's when I decided that college was not in my plan for right now. I think God may be trying to tell me something? Or maybe that's just my way of making myself feel better about it all. I don't know.

In the meantime I will just work and pay off my school loans and car. Goodness...Life is great :)




So true...

5 comments:

  1. Cam this is so crazy! I had no idea! I'm so sorry about this whole thing, but I'm glad you have such a good attitude about it! Things will work out how they are supposed to. You're the best and I LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cambria, I'm so sorry about this! I can't imagine the headache you went though.
    I've been going through the same thing...since I left Portland to come to Mexico for a while I was taking online classes. Well, they had to drop my classes as well. I was planning on going to Denver for school in January...things happened and it won't be happening till March now.
    I believe everything happens for a reason and falls in place for a reason. Everything will be okay! :]]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for sharing some love! :) I really appreciate it. And Mariah it's comforting to know I'm not the only one that has this kind of stuff happen to her. Thanks again for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have now read your current website and also our wife or husband and also when i obtained an extremely beneficial and also encountered facts coming from a web site.college homework online it's a legitimate quite great post. You have done an incredible career.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It isn't funny story, but I believe that you know what to do after. You could use writing papers for college students. Maybe it will help you in future in similar situation.

    ReplyDelete