Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Testimony Builder.

A few weeks ago I got a letter from one of my good friends growing up. I had had a long week and I was feeling kind of down. I was surprised to get a letter, but when I opened it, it had everything I needed to hear. Amazing! (I forgot to share this a few weeks ago so that's why we are hearing about it now haha.) He said:
8/5/11
"...I've been praying for you. I know that life is hard but everything happens for a reason. I used to think why does God make it so hard for us? I mean He wants us to return to live with him right? He wants us to happy right? Then why does He give us so many trials? Sure they help us grow, but why does life have to be so hard? Well, I am not sure that this is the right answer, but it is one that satisfies my brain. And that answer is because salvation is not easy. It was not easy for Christ to suffer for the pains and sicknesses of the world or to have been whipped and spit on and hung on the cross to die. It was not easy for Him, so why should it be easy for us?

Although it may not be easy, I assure you that it is worth it. I know you already know that. So keep up the good work. You truly are Amazing! 'Some blessings come soon, some come later, and some don't come until Heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come!' Elder Holland is the man..."

Just another testimony builder that God is mindful of each of us. That was exactly what I needed to hear. I was feeling better already. But he continued...

"So...I have been thinking this week and there are so many reasons I look up to you. Here is ten reason why Cambria Irene Horlacher is the best!
  1. You have this gift of naturally always thinking about others and putting their needs before yours!
  2. You got style! But seriously your outfits are pretty bomb.
  3. You know how to work hard and have not had things just handed to you. You worked for them.
  4. You love your family like your friends!
  5. You do not have to follow the crowd. You are your own kind of beautiful!
  6. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. You always try to make the best of your situations!
  7. You are a crazy good dancer!
  8. You are pleased with the simple things in life! You always loved simple, heartfelt dates or letters.
  9. You are funny!
  10. You have an amazing testimony and always put your God first. No matter what or no matter who it is!
These are only a few of the reasons why I care for you so much as a person. When I am with you I feel like I can become a better person. Thanks for being my friend."


I am grateful for the knowledge that I am a daughter of God and that He loves me. I'm grateful for a good friend who followed the prompting of the Spirit to write me a letter and raise my spirits. He didn't know that I needed to hear those things. We weren't even writing. But he did it anyway. Thanks Brody! You are a true friend! Good luck with everything out in the mission field. You're a great missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment