Friday, July 29, 2011

More Hawaii :)

I know it's kind of pathetic that I have to break it up, but I'm not a true blogger yet...key word is yet! But here we go again on my wonderful Hawaii adventure...

While I was in Hawaii we were determined to hike stairway to heaven. Stairway to heaven is a hike that was shut down a few years ago due to the fact that people have died on it and it is no longer considered safe. So now there is a security guard that shows up at random times in the early morning to make sure that no one hikes up it. The hike is literally a stairway that goes straight up the mountain. Well we planned to do it and I was stoked. BUT because I am Cambria Horlacher and nothing ever goes as planned we weren't able to go :( we got there at close to 4:00 a.m. and the security guard was already there. JUNK! So we hiked back to where we parked and headed on a search for another hike. I don't even know what the hike we ended up doing is called, but oh well. It was still beautiful, and our little adventure that day was fun! However, on my next Hawaii trip I will be doing stairway to heaven!!

 This is Stairway to Heaven (the hike I missed out on)
 This is the view from the top of Stairway to Heaven...NEXT TIME FOR SURE!!
 This was where we ended up to watch the sunrise :) still beautiful
 Trey and Shez found a hide out that was used during WWII
 Ladd and I
I love Hawaii :)

I loved the Laie Temple! I found myself there quite a few times just taking in it's beauty and really appreciating the grandeur of God! Hawaii was such a great experience for me. I not only got to enjoy the beautiful island, but I also had the opportunity to do missionary work!! I love talking about the gospel and sharing my testimony. My testimony needed that experience and needed to be really questioned and strengthened. I've always known the church is true, but being able to share the things you know and taking the discussions with a friend really makes you self evaluate and really build up your testimony even more. The Lord truly works in mysterious ways. 

 I love to see the temple...
 I'm going there someday...
 To feel the holy spirit...
 To listen and to pray....
For the temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young, this is my sacred duty.

I absolutely loved Hawaii. I loved not ever doing my hair. I loved never wearing make up. I loved that your swimsuit was your underwear, and if you didn't have your swimsuit on you felt naked. I loved how everyone is on "local time" which simply means they aren't in a rush to do anything they just go with the flow. I loved all the slang words like "you so stink," "I got choke food bra," "irrits," "...Yeah?" "that's junk," and soo many more. I loved how flowers are everywhere to pick and where in your hair. I loved how everyone treats you like family. I loved how there was food at everything, and not just refreshments. I loved how everyone just laughs and loves life. I loved how easy everyone makes life. Life is really what you make it. I am soo grateful for all the things that I got to experience and learn in Hawaii! I can't wait for the day I get to go back!
Hawaii is now a part of me :)


*Next blog will be about all the amazing friends I made in Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment