Sunday, December 11, 2011

This week.

This week.
Highlights:
  • Went Christmas shopping! I love getting gifts for people I love. I wish I had no limit to my spending and my creativity!
  • Took family pictures. I love capturing our family in time. :)
  • Had a heart to heart talk with first my Aunt and role model, and then another one with my boy, Jeff :) both play a big role in my life, and I am so grateful for both!
  • Got to go shopping with my mom and best friend! I love the time we get to spend together, especially when we are shopping ;)
  • I got to work/hang out with my sister! That is a rare occasion, but I absolutely love it when it happens.
  • Kalamity try outs! SCARY! I still don't know if I made it, so everyone cross your fingers and say a prayer for me.
  • Was treated to Red Lobster by Jeffrey, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :) sooooo goooooood!
  • Saw "The Warrior" and it was a great movie!
  • Had a fun little sleep over with Major (hahahahahahahhahaa I LOVE THAT KID!)
  • Had laughs and warm moments with my family, gosh I love them so incredibly much!
  • And to top off my week I had an amazing day at church! I'm richly blessed and I know it!
Opposite of highlights (I can't think of a word for that right now, guess that's what not going to college does to you haha)
  • We lost an adorable puppy, Roxy. I won't go into detail but it broke my heart. That is one reason why I don't want to have a dog when I'm out on my own. 
  • Christmas shopping, although I LOVE IT, sucked my wallet dry :(
  • Went home sick from work for the first time EVER.
  • Still just trying to figure everything in my life out. I'm learning more and more just to roll with the punches and make the most of every situation. Cause there is always joy to be found in every situation. Life is just life, it really is what we make it.
I am so blessed. I really love my life. I know that even in hard times there will always be more highlights then lowlights (haha).  It's as the scripture goes, "Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have joy." We are the way we are to find joy, we all just have to look in our own way with the Lord's help and eventually we will see nothing but joy. :) I'm learning that slowly but surely.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post for some reason! I just love to hear what people I care about are doing day to day... and love what you ended it with. I needed to hear that. You are like a little philosopher or prophetess or something, you always inspire me! I hope I can always try to remember there is indeed JOY to be found in every situation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, you seriously are the sweetest! Kalamity won't be the same without you. You are such an amazing person. I'm always in awe of your positive attitude, how friendly you are, how thoughtful you are, and just how genuinely sweet you are. You definitely bless every life you come in contact with. I love you so much! :) I wanna see you before you leave STG! K? :)

    ReplyDelete