Saturday, December 3, 2011

Kalamity.

I have been a part of Kalamity for over a year and a half now and it has been nothing short of AMAZING. 
But recently I have had the hardest time figuring out what I'm supposed to be doing with my life.
I've tried to fix the college situation and it turns out it costs more money than I have.
I don't want to work at Pizza Factory the rest of my life.
 I want to have more experiences and really be able to find what I want to do career wise.
I just want to live.
So lately I've been trying to figure out if I can really commit to Kalamity again for a whole year.
I won't be going to college for a little while longer.
I will still be working at Pizza Factory.
I will still have my car payment and insurance payment.
And I will still be here.


I LOVE KALAMITY!
I don't ever want to give it up.
Just the thought of not being a part of it breaks my heart.
But really, my heart literally hurts every time I think about it and my eyes can't help but leak.
Since I've been on Kalamity, I have become a better dancer and a better person.
I've learned how to deal with life as it comes.
I've learned the importance of communication.
I've learned to love more deeply.
I've learned to feel more fully.
I've learned to literally dance in the middle of the storm.
And I've learned that there is always someone else out there that has it worse than I so I need to be grateful and serve any way I can.


I don't know what to do. All I know is whatever I decide to do, I will do it with my best foot forward, being fully committed. Right about now I am wishing that the Lord would send a pillar of fire or a vision telling me what to do, but I know my answer will come from him in a way that I will know.


In the meantime of thinking...LAST NIGHTS BENEFIT CONCERT FOR JEANETTE BRACKEN WAS INCREDIBLE!!!! To say the least.
Kalamity and Kaos have worked their butts off the whole year for this one event.
We have put in countless hours, gallons of sweat, tears here and there, and even blood sometimes, just to make this show the best it can be. 
We've done date night babysitting, yard sales, college dances, kids dance camps, and more just to raise awareness and money for our girl, Jeanette Bracken.

We've prayed with humbled hearts before and after every gathering.
But most importantly, we've put our faith in the Lord.
Because anything is possible with the Lord.

Just in this last year we have put on SIX different benefit concerts, we've raised over $30,000 for these different "calamities," and that's not even including Jeanette's concert.
We've opened a studio and are doing amazing with that.
We've done too many performances to count.
We even did a flash mob.

And we've been nothing but dedicated to doing our best in every thing.
Kalamity is life changing. 
Not only for the people we raise money for, but mostly for the people involved so heavily with it, like me.
I am so grateful for Kalamity and for what it is in my life.
I know that it has changed me and will continue to change me forever.
So if you are in St. George tonight, Please come to support Kalamiy and Kaos, and most importantly Jeanette Bracken. And I can promise you will not regret it!

Kalamity and Kaos with Jeanette Bracken!

No comments:

Post a Comment