Sunday, January 21, 2018

IVF 36 Hour Wait, IVF Egg Retrieval & Hysteroscopy

We took the trigger shot Thursday night at 9:30 then headed up north Friday morning! The egg retrieval and hysteroscopy were scheduled for Saturday morning at 9:30!
During our 36 hour wait after the trigger we got to enjoy Seven Brothers burgers (our family's restaurant based in Hawaii but not in Utah too,) went shopping, met up with family for dinner, hung in our hotel and watched movies, and just enjoyed the blizzard from the warmth.
Our good luck egg retrieval socks! I love how Jeff is always by my side for everything, he gives me strength I never knew I had. I'm just so grateful for him!
On our way into the clinic for the retrieval!
After retrieval and my loopiness is mostly gone haha. I just want to say that I LOVE Dr Foulk and Utah Fertility Clinic. THYE ARE TRULY AMAZING AT THEIR JOBS!!!!! The hysteroscopy was a success and Dr. Foulk cleaned out my uterus, preparing it for a successful (fingers crossed) IVF embryo transfer next month.
The egg retrieval was a HUGE success and they were able to retrieve 37 EGGS!!! WHAT?!?! That is great news!!!! That is definitely on the higher end of eggs retrieved, so that's really exciting.

After the retrieval, for the rest of Saturday, I was feeling great. The drugs were still in my system and I didn't feel too much discomfort. I did bleed a lot the first couple hours after the surgery, but have stopped and only have spotting now. The day after, Sunday, I am feeling it more. I'm sore and a little achey but nothing unmanagable!

We are so excited that all the shots were a success, and now we anxiously wait to find out how many of those eggs fertilized with Jeff's sperm! YAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment