Sunday, October 5, 2014

BYU Conference Weekend!!!

This weekend was ideal (other than BYU losing) 
We had the blessed opportunity of going up to the BYU game and General Conference with Jeff's parents this weekend as his birthday gift!
It was perfect weather with wonderful people doing amazing things, all equals an ideal weekend!!!!
We headed up Friday afternoon, met up with the whole Hauck family for dinner then walked up to the BYU football game!
 You can't tell, but Amy is in front of the Zions Bank sign down there. She camped out for two days to get such good seats! 
 Our little travel group!
 Jim McMahon retired his jersey during half time!
 Reunited!
 Mom has her evening chocolate ice cream every night, this night was no exception :)
 The game got over around midnight and we all crashed as soon as we got to the hotel, or maybe it was just me that crashed hahaha. We all watched Saturday morning conference in our hotel room!
 We then checked out, piled in this beaut and headed to the afternoon General Conference session.
 While I was up north my Aunt ran her 6th marathon and finished in 4:03, AMAZING!!! I wish I could've been there but she was in my thoughts! So proud of her! She is truly inspiring in every way, body and soul!!!! If you don't know her, you should because I know she would bless your life.
 This was my first LIVE General Conference and I was so excited! It's amazing how many people come for this event, they come from all over the world to hear the word of the Lord.
 Excited!
 Love them!
 I was a little frazzled before it started because I had to check in my backpack last minute and forgot to get my journal out to take notes, didn't have my snack I packed, didn't have my chapstick, nothing. But I did manage to remember my phone so I could get this cute picture! Love this man!
 The Conference center is HUGE! It's so amazing!
When the prophet walks in it gets silent and the feeling of peace is overwhelming. I couldn't hold back tears throughout the session, it was the best. When the tabernacle choir sings it really sounds like angels are singing. I know that this church is true and that the Lord talks to us through his faithful servants, I am so grateful for this knowledge and the answers and peace it gives me.
 After Conference we walked across the street to our dinner reservations at The Garden overlooking the Salt Lake Temple.
 MMMMM :) still dreaming about the chocolate cake and ice cream.
 Our dinner view, gorgeous!!!
Cute Amy and my handsome Jeff!

We had a wonderful weekend and feel so blessed to share such special memories with family! I love my life and my in law family, I seriously lucked out!
Perfect weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment