Sunday, February 10, 2013

Bon Appetit!

On Friday I had the urge to make something for dinner that you don't have to just pop in the oven!
So when I came home from school for a few minutes before heading to work, I looked up a crock pot recipe and created my masterpiece.
I chose...

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos 
Crockpot Chicken Tacos
Recipe from Tasty Kitchen

Serves: ~12 people

1 Envelope Taco Seasoning
6 Pieces Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 16-ounce jar Salsa 

Dump everything into a crock pot and give it a little stir to blend the seasoning with the salsa. You do not need to add any water to the taco seasoning. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours. When done, the chicken should shred easily when stirred with a fork.

For tacos, serve the chicken with soft flour tortillas, guacamole, lettuce, shredded cheese and/or sour cream. This is very versatile and can be used for enchiladas, nachos, tostadas, quesadillas, etc. Any leftover chicken can then be used for tortilla soup (make it the next day or freeze the chicken to use at a later time).

***I obviously didn't need to feed 12 so I just halved it! I didn't have taco seasoning so I looked that up and just used whatever spices I had and made my own taco seasoning! I also added a couple spoonfuls of cream cheese for a creamier texture. When I got home from work it was perfect!! I grilled some tortillas, grated some cheese, got some lettuce out with some dressing, and waited for Jeff to get home! While waiting, I decided I wanted to make an easy dessert too so I looked that up and found a delicious apple cobbler-like recipe.

Apple Dump Cake
Apple Cake Recipe…Easy! 
 (I got it from recipe by picture so the picture is the recipe!)

***It was delicious and Jeff loved it!!! 
I felt like I was awesome and it was all so easy!
Jeff kept saying "thank you" and "how did I get so lucky" and "are you okay?" haha.
I laughed, but it was nice to enjoy a nice home cooked meal and just enjoy each other's company!

No comments:

Post a Comment