Thursday, September 13, 2012

The "Splash-mob" Proposal.

The "Splash-mob" Proposal
 : Jeff's Perspective :

                I woke up the morning of September 8, 2012 feeling surprisingly calm and relaxed.  After all, I had already done the hardest part (talking to her Dad) 5 days earlier.  I had spent the week plotting a "Splash"mob surprise proposal with Cambria's aunt Tia, who choreographed an awesome routine and recruited a mob of dancers for me!  But I really had no idea what to expect. The first thing I did after waking up was pray, prayed that everything would go as planned, prayed that the spirit would be with me, and prayed that she would say yes!  I turned to one of my closest friends, my Martin guitar, as I always do when I have a lot on my mind and played a few of my favorite songs.  The last song I played was the one i wrote for her.  As I sang the words, I looked at all the pictures of the beautiful memories I had with the girl that changed my life.  My heart was full.  

At exactly 10:03 my awesome brother-in-law Shaye, who is a phenomenal videographer showed up at my house with his film crew (Kyle Fisher).  We made arrangements that they would film the special moments the day had in store, and use his mad skills to make a video!  I got dressed in my suit, and after filming a few shots, went to the Vault to help move the stereo equipment to the Splash-pad.  Everyone did so much to help me, Andy Stokes, Garret Brent, and Alexa Ford (Brent) helped me get all the stereo equipment loaded into some cars and we drove them to the Splash Pad at town square.  After quickly setting everything up and running over the plan one last time I had to hide.  I missed Cambria and her family by minutes, if you know Cam, she is ALWAYS early to everything!  We had a good 30 minutes before the Splash Mob would begin, so me, Shaye, my sisters Amanda and Stephanie, and Kyle chilled in my moms mini-van across the park watching a crowd form around the splash pad.  As the time came closer, my sister got my mom on the phone (My Mom and Dad were in Cabo for the week) and gave her an update and agreed to give them a play-by-play of the whole proposal.  With 2 minutes to go, The film crew was in place, and I was crouching down behind a wall waiting for the music to begin. 
At 12:15pm the words of mine and Cambria's first song filled Town Square.  It was time!  I got to my feet, signaled Shaye that we were rolling, and began the walk towards the mass of dancers and the loud music ahead.  On the steps of the clock tower, I could finally fully see and appreciate what was in front of me.  Hundreds of people, including 40-50 dancers filled the Splash pad and the lawn surrounding it.  I had not expected so many people to show up, it was awesome!  Almost instantly, I found what I was looking for.  She was dancing at the front in a colorful leopard print tank-top, with her big beautiful smile and killer dance moves on full display. It was amazing how my heart took over from there.  Almost automatically, I walked to the back of the group of dancers and waited there for an opening to walk through. With the song winding down, I knew it was time to do it.  I nodded to Shaye,


and began working my way through the mob, eyes locked on the most beautiful girl I will ever see.   There she was, dancing full-out, soaking wet, with her most beautiful smile.  I just stood and looked at her for a minute, two feet behind her, but she had no idea I was there.


  Finally, I reached out for her and pulled her in to face me.  Her face was priceless, completely shocked.  She asked me "What....? What is this?"  My reply was not rehearsed, it came straight from my heart.  I dont know exactly what I said, but it sounded something like this from my memory.  "Cam, you know you are the best thing to ever happen to me right? You are the only thing I will ever see, and I can't wait to keep you forever.  I love you so much..."  Cambria hugged me and kissed me before I could say anything else.  But there really wasn't anything else to say.  As soon as my knee hit the ground, cheers erupted from the girls around me. I struggled for a moment to get the awkwardly shaped silver Neil Lane ring box out of my pocket.


I don't know if Cam even heard me say "Will you marry me?"  And I'm not sure I ever heard an answer. I was on my feet and we were kissing again before I knew what hit me.  In hindsight, pulling out a REALLY nice engagement ring over a draining grate was probably not the best idea. Luckily I got the ring on her finger without a catastrophe.  Some time in all the excitement, the water had turned back on, and I was getting soaked.  But honestly, I did not care at all.  I just held and kissed my future bride for as long as I could.  



 I don't really remember anything that happened after that... Lots of wet hugs and pictures, My sister gave me news that my mom was bawling on the other end of the phone, I even got a big group hug from all the dancers haha!  But all I really wanted to do was hold her in my arms, and not let go.  And now, we are going to be sealed in the Temple for time and all eternity so I won't ever have to!






It has not even been a week since the proposal, and we already have a date set and so many amazing plans for the start of our beautiful future together.  I am so thankful to everyone who helped and everyone who came out and was part of the Splash-mob.  I love you all!

            To my beautiful Fiance, I want you to know how completely and fully I love you. 
 I can't wait to make you mine forever... 


2 comments:

  1. Aww so sweet! Made me cry!! Congrats y'all!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I love this soo much! You two are perfect for eachother!! Cant wait to see you guys together!! Love ya lots!!

    ReplyDelete