Saturday, September 29, 2012

Full Fledge Wedding Planning Status.

Well as most of you know, I am in full wedding planning force.
I know for me, I didn't fully understand everything that goes into a wedding. Haha.
Oh, and I'm soo happy! :) 
The list just goes on and on of things to do to prepare for the wedding day.
Like: pick a date, get a reception venue, pick your colors, schedule the temple, call a sealer, find a photographer, set up engagements, get an announcement design together, flowers, choose your bridesmaids and groomsmen, figure out what they are going to wear, find a caterer, entertainment, reception decor, the wedding cake, get announcements made, gather addresses, send out announcements, schedule a doctor appointment, find a wedding dress, find a veil, figure out the shoes you are going to wear on your wedding day, his ring, the cake knife, pick out engagement picture outfits, and a bunch of other little things.
Did I mention I'm a very indecisive person? 
 (Kinda makes me want to pull my head off like this hahaha!)
Yeah...little bit of a problem. Haha.
That's only having to deal with the wedding, that doesn't even begin with the after wedding planning.
Like: where to live, what things you will need for your future to register for, what you can afford with your budget, what both of your plans are, the honeymoon, car situation, space situation for all my clothes, and other things.
I will admit that the 3rd day after getting engaged, when I sat down and actually started thinking about this stuff I had a melt down. 
I was overwhelmed.
But I took a deep breathe and relaxed and reminded myself that this only happens once and I needed to enjoy it.
I wanted to enjoy it.
So that's what I've been doing ever since!
My natural state is a worry wart that wants everything perfect and stresses if it's not.
I know, that's not healthy.
But I'm learning and growing every day!

How about a little update on the wedding plans, yeah?
Our date is 12/12/12, a super epic date and I am soo excited about it!
I didn't get the venue I had wanted because someone is having a Christmas party there that night and they don't want to switch. Jeff called and begged, what a sweetie :) haha I was really sad about that one but oh well, life goes on! So our reception will be held at the Ivins Stake Center, and now planning for it there, I don't think we could have anywhere else big enough for what we want so it works out perfectly! And the best part is that it's free! :)
My colors are red, turquoise, and mustardish yellow.
I'm running with the 12/12/12 date and adding little details of 12 everywhere! Starting with 12 bridesmaids and 12 groomsmen! Call me crazy! :)
My photographer is Funny Face Photography and they have beautiful work!
Sneak peak...
I'm in love with them so far! We took them yesterday and it was so much fun!
Along with the photographer we chose we got a photobooth! YAY!! I wanted a photobooth so bad and this one is the best I've ever seen. The photobooth will take care of the sign in book, and party favor! Legit right? :) Check out the photobooth here.
The feel we are going for for the reception and everything is vintage modern? Haha something like that.
I've turned my front room into a wedding decor room, lots of vintage items!
My wedding cake is going to be absolutely gorgeous thanks to my friend Blanca! Check out her work here. It's going to be 4 tiers with a different flavor on each. Decorated with ruffles, pearls, flowers, and beautiful hand-crafted details. Blanca is seriously so sweet, she is giving me the cake as a wedding gift. Can you believe that? I've been blessed left and right. That seriously saved me $1,000 at least.
Wedding dress!!! I am soo excited about this...I'm wearing my Mom's wedding dress! It's absolutely perfect and what I wanted. I told my my that I wanted a fitted lace dress with pearl detailing and either 3/4 or long sleeves. She replied with, "well you should look at mine, it sounds exactly like you just described." I looked and fell in love! Why didn't I think of that in the first place! I'm not going to post pictures cause I want it to be a surprise! You all will love it! It's totally vintage and absolutely gorgeous! :)
Entertainment...so people here in St. George have no idea what this wedding is going to be like. My aunts are in charge of the entertainment, there will be some traditional polynesian dancing with me doing the Hawaiian wedding song dance, mixed with some other treats! I'm so excited! 
My grandpa will be singing at my wedding! He is our official wedding singer! He will also be singing mine and Jeff's song!
That's just a few of the big plans I'm making.
The funniest thing is, that of all the big plans I've been making, the most stressful has been the decision of what to wear for engagements. Haha I'm a diva sometimes!
I hope you all are as excited as I am! :) This is going to be an amazing day!!
I seriously cannot wait to marry my best friend, and one of the most amazing people ever! I love you Jeff!!! :)
Stay tuned for more wedding planning and if you have any ideas you would like to share with me, I would love it! :) 
 Taken after our engagements! We are soaking but so happy! :)

Along with wedding planning, I'm taking 13 credits in school, working about 20 hours a week, planning a service project every month for my church calling, and teaching and dancing in between. A little busy but I'm enjoying it all!

P.S. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about birth control, so if you have used it or have any information about it please let me know. You can email me at cambriairene@gmail.com! :) Thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. Cam! I am so excited for you! I enjoyed reading this post so much! I can't believe how much really goes into wedding planning! That's crazy! But how fun?!
    If you have any questions about birth control just let me know. I'm taking it for a completely different reason, but I will answer what I can.

    Good luck!!
    Kav

    ReplyDelete