Monday, December 28, 2015

Too fast!

I can't believe that Christmas is already over!
I can honestly say that I am really sad...
Usually I feel like the timing was enough and get excited for a new year, but I wasn't ready for the Christmas season to be over.
BUT, I don't have a choice but to move on...haha.
For Christmas I told Jeff I wanted a thoughtful, planned out date night and that's exactly what I got (and so much more.) He planned a really sweet "walk down memory lane" date night revisiting some of our favorite dates in our history. I love this sweet husband of mine and I love our love story.
How did I get so lucky?
 Date night selfie!
After our date night we headed home where I heard an excited knock on the door to find my Aunt jumping around saying, "We're going to Justin Bieber, we're going to Justin Bieber..." 
YAYAYAYAYAY!!! Her Hot Mess Fitness group all pitched in and bought her two Justin Bieber concert tickets as a thank you gift for another great session of Hot Mess! And my nice Aunt decided to take me with her, YAYAYAYAYAY! I love the special relationship we share, she is my aunt, sister, best friend, coach, boss, neighbor, visiting teaching companion, dance teacher, example, and role model. How many other people can say that about their Aunt??? 
I am seriously so blessed and often catch myself asking, "How did I get so lucky? Like seriously, I feel like I'm living a dream with so many amazing people and opportunities."
Anyway, we are going to JUSTIN BIEBER on March 25th in Vegas!!!
 Last Wednesday we woke up to the most fog I've seen in a while, and it lasted for a good part of the day. Fog of course means pictures. Thanks Syd for being my fog model hahaha. I'm so proud of her and the good girl that she is! I'm constantly impressed with how she handles hard times in high school and friendships and how she never waivers in what she knows is right. I love you Syd!
 Christmas Eve we went to Jeff's family annual Christmas Eve party and it was great. This year they did it a little differently, they decided to have a bonfire up on Dixie rock!
 We roasted hot dogs, had smores, looked at the full moon, talked, and listened to beautiful music from my love.
 I captured this photo through the telescope with my camera! It's fun to think about how amazing God's creations are, looking at this moon I can't help but think about space and time and the moon's history. (Look at all those cool spots.)
 After the party we headed to my parent's house for our Christmas Eve traditions. To start it all off we all hung out in the hot tub! It was so nice and relaxing!
 Then we did Christmas pajamas! My mom did something new for pajamas this year, she got us nighty shirt/dresses and I LOVE IT!
 After pajamas we sat and talked, read the Christmas story, then sang along with Jeff to some Christmas songs!
 Then we woke up EARLY and opened presents! These were stocking stuffers for the guys!
My thoughtful parents got me gardening gear so I can work in style with all the tools I need!
 Then we rand over to the Hauck's to do Christmas with them and talk with sweet Amy!
 Amy was so cute and it was just really great to see her adorable face!
 Emmeline Elsa got the green Elsa dress from the short birthday clip and was SO excited, if you couldn't tell haha.
She kept calling me her Anna and I was completely fine with that. "Come on my Anna..." she is the cutest.
 Then we ran over to my parent's house to talk to Trevor!!! It was so good to see his cute face, he was even more hilarious than I remember hahaha.
I couldn't get over how cute he is, it was so good to hear his voice and see his cute face! 
I love skype days with our sweet missionaries!!!
 After skyping we headed to our family Christmas day party where we ate lots of good food! We were missing Grandma, Aunty Irene's family, Uncle Adam's family, and Aunty Tia's family.
 It was freezing cold and the clouds were heavy with snow. Although it melted before it even hit the ground, it was still beautiful!
 My uncles and cousins got these cool hover board, segway thingys and we all took turns learning to ride it. However, I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE MY MOM RIDING IT!!! So, of course I had to take a picture. She was actually riding it without holding on to them for a while too. Impressive!
 Then we had some fun with the camera and the sunset. This one is a work of art titled, "Down Wind Delight" hahaha. We were laughing forever about this picture hahaha.
Then I took a turn and we jumped around!
We celebrated this wonderful lady's 50th birthday Sunday and it was a special evening. Jeff had the idea of putting together a video for his mom and so he gathered all the videos from other people then I helped him put it together and I think she loved it!
She is a wonderful lady that has truly blessed so many lives and I am grateful for her and the great example she is to me. I'm especially grateful she raised such a wonderful son that treats me like a queen!
I love you Mom!

It was a wonderful Christmas season and it went way too fast! I guess that's why I don't want it to end. However, I am looking to the future and excited for what 2016 will bring!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment