Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wish Granted. 8/17/12.

I say wish granted, but what I really mean is "PRAYER ANSWERED!"
I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE THIS DAY.
I'm sure no one knows what I'm talking about, so I will just tell you.
I ACTUALLY GOT A PELL GRANT FOR SCHOOL.
That's right you heard me, I got a grant!!!
$5,000 school grant! $2,500 a semester!!
I'm overwhelmed with gratitude and joy!
I've always heard of it being so easy for people, and it frustrated me cause I knew I qualified for a grant but for some reason I never got one. So I would end up taking out a loan that financial aid workers never processed right so I would be dropped from my classes and essentially "kicked out!"
HEADACHE!
But none of that even matters now. 
As a matter of fact, I'm actually grateful for all that struggle. 
It's made me really appreciate this blessing now!
BRING ON THE HOMEWORK, THE TESTS, THE HARD WORK, THE LATE NIGHT STUDYING, ALL OF IT! I'M READY!!!!! 


On top of this wonderful news my sweet mom surprised me with new chucks!
She said, "I knew you were having a great day and I wanted to make it better." 
BEST MOM EVER, RIGHT?
Then to celebrate me and Jeff went and tried out Yogurtland for the first time and got 3 oz. free!
Wonderful day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Such a good feeling! I finally got a grant this semester, too. And it really is such a blessing. Glad you had such a good day! Everyone needs one of those now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you Cam! You are so awesome. Hope your first week goes great! Love you!

    ReplyDelete