Sunday, November 13, 2011

Time.

What is time?
Time is constant and non-stop.
It never takes a break, it just keeps passing.
We try so hard to keep track of it with clocks and calendars but in reality, it can't be kept in track.
I remember when I was little and how time had no effect on me.
I just lived.
I lost track of time watching Aladdin over and over, then to hunting for lady bugs, then riding bikes around Ivins, then pretending to be models with D'Asia, then playing soccer on Dixie Lightning every day, then eventually you hit a point where you feel like you have no time.
I guess all of this is a part of growing up.
But don't you ever wish for a day when time didn't have a hold on you?
Like the days when you were a kid?
I know I do.
So here are a few tips to making the most of every day, to not be a prisoner of time.


1. Stop worrying about things that may or may not happen in the future, and enjoy today.
2. Appreciate the people, things, and opportunities you have in your life.
3. Be kinder than necessary.
4. Ask yourself, "What do I want today?" and go for it!
5. Try your hardest at everything you do, even if it doesn't work out, always be able to say you gave it your best.
6. Focus only on the positive.
7. Say thank you as often as you can.
8. Do something nice for someone else for no reason at all.
9. Tell people how much they mean to you. Don't wait!
10. NEVER forget the Lord in all things!

 I think a lot of times I relate to this picture. Time goes so fast and at times I feel like I'm left standing on the side, holding my head, thinking where is time going?

Remember you always have time for the important things in life. You always have time to give your Mom a big hug, or tell your Dad you love him, or show your siblings how important they are to you in simple ways, like making them chocolate milk. 
You always have time!
I heard something in church last week that really stuck in my mind, it went like this, "..if you really believe you don't have time to do the things you need to then something needs to change. Cut out the worst thing in your life and you'll have time to fill it with the best things, the things you need..."
Just a little food for thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment